AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help. I have recently fallen in love with plex and have PMS installed on my unraid box. It is a weak server and is not capable of transcoding (nor do I want it to).

I would like to purchase a stand-alone box for the sole purpose of playing plex without the need to transcode.

All of my movies that I have are 1080 x264 blu-ray rips with DTS and some have AC3 sound.

Also, some movies I have are 3D SBS movies and I need the device to automatically switch my TV (send a 3d signal) to 3D mode.

I currently have a Popbox3D that does this but plex is not good on it.

That is all I really need for the device to do and I need it to do it smoothly. Oh and also I would like to have the option to have the wall view on a tablet and select a movie to play that way.

I would really appreciate your help as it is getting confusing with google TVs Ouya, etc... Please help me out with what I need. Thank you

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
I don't have any experience with Plex, but Roku and PCH are able to use Plex. I believe with Roku you will need to transcode if the format isn't supported it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an unraid server on an HP 36nl so it's not powerful enough to transcode, nor do I want to and loose quality... Roku is not powerful enough to play anything so it would require a transcode=no good.

The client on the PCH currently does not work well with high bitrates and is rather limited. You can't use a tablet app for a tablet to browse you collection and play it on your tv..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts