AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help deciding between these two. I have looked at all the threads on here and I still can't make my mind up.

Here is my setup, please let me know what you think and why.

Speakers:

Polk RTi12's (fronts/floor standing)

Polk RTi10's (Surrounds/floor standing)

Polk CSi5 (center)

Polk PSW1000 (Sub-woofer)

A/V Equipment and TV:

Sony KDSR60XBR2

DirecTV HR20 connected HDMI

DirecTV HR21 connected HDMI

PS3 connected HDMI

XBOX360 + HD DVD Drive connected Component/Optical

I will also be adding a Blu-ray player and that will be connected HDMI. If anyone has any opinions on what player I should get that would be great too.

Also should I bi-amp the front speakers?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have an absolutely fantistic system. I really like those speakers. If you are thingking of bi-amping the fronts, I would recommend the Polk LSi15, or LSi25 (based on size of listening area). The Polk LSi9's, would also complement what you already havel. But everything else is perfect.

You absolutely have to go with the Yahama. Why even consider ruining a great thing, by experimenting. If you have ever herd the Yamaha receivers, with the Polks speakers, you would know.

Although Pioneer has come a long way with their elite line, I think that the RXV-3800 is the next best thing to the big bad RX-Z11, but that is ($5,000), way up there (for me). If you want top shelf, that is it. Otherwise, the RX-V3800 has a lot to offer. You will not be disapointed!

I think that when you are setting up the RX-V3800, and you first hear it through your speakers, you will be instanly convinced, and subsequently converted! I know that I was.

I also like DN (dishnetwork), over Direct TV. I think that their HD picture is sharper, but this is also subjective.

regards,

erh126

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply but I actually picked up the VSX94TXH yesterday.

As for the speakers I already have them.

I did at least have the receiver demoed with my speakers at the store before I got it and they sound great so I think i will be happy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd definitely do LSi15 if it were a joint music/HT effort!

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreRavens /forum/post/13135806

Thanks for the reply but I actually picked up the VSX94TXH yesterday.

As for the speakers I already have them.

I did at least have the receiver demoed with my speakers at the store before I got it and they sound great so I think i will be happy.

I am thinking of the vsx94txh also, but am concerned about the power consumed by this unit. Not sure I have enough coming into my room. Can anyone tell me how many watts and amps the unit will draw as input?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts