AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to the forum and need some help with finding a good wireless true HD transmitter and receiver? I know there are a few on the market which claim to out beat one another etc but I figured I'd talk with the experts!

So heres the deal Im currently in the market for a HDMI / Component wireless unit. I have a 58" Panasonic Plasma and kind of difficult to put in wires so I figured this would be my solution to keep things clean but would like to try to get the best HD quality I can! Anyways my component units are going to be at the corner of the room about 5 feet from one another so distance is extremely short!

Here's a few I found so need some insights from you all!

Brite-View BV-2500 - Heard this runs extremely hot!

HD Flow iTrio

Gefen - Over priced

Also Im assuming the best true uncompressed signal is 1080p @ 60 GHz?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

J5

·
Registered
504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-5 /forum/post/19579565

Brite-View BV-2500 - Heard this runs extremely hot!

It does run hot. I have my Harmony remote turn mine off and on with the TV as needed. Not sure if it will prolong the life or prevent problems but figured it can't hurt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageek2 /forum/post/19579630

It does run hot. I have my Harmony remote turn mine off and on with the TV as needed. Not sure if it will prolong the life or prevent problems but figured it can't hurt.

How's the picture quality? Is it pretty clear? Im not sure if its the HD Flow but I remember reading somewhere that the quality on anything higher than 50 inches would show alot of flaws?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have mine running to a 42" Plasma. I use it to watch DVDs and streaming Netflix upconverted to 1080i, and output from my SD DirecTivo upconverted to 720P. Will be getting an HD DirecTV box in the future. I haven't gotten around to trying a Blu-Ray yet. The DirecTivo and the Netflix looks quite good and the DVDs look great.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageek2 /forum/post/19579630

Each unit has a 5V, 3A (15W) adapter power supply, so that amount of power dissipated in the units can generate significant heat. Turning them off when not using likely prolongs their life (along with saving a few bucks on your power bill
).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageek2 /forum/post/19583560

I have mine running to a 42" Plasma. I use it to watch DVDs and streaming Netflix upconverted to 1080i, and output from my SD DirecTivo upconverted to 720P. Will be getting an HD DirecTV box in the future. I haven't gotten around to trying a Blu-Ray yet. The DirecTivo and the Netflix looks quite good and the DVDs look great.

Im told it works great with anything 50" and less from what I read. I cant find anything that states anything about 50" and which wireless unit is the best signal?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If a digital picture looks good on a smaller TV (without any obvious artifacts or dropouts) then that is a good as it gets. It will also look fine on a large TV. There are no subtle degradations in a digital picture that would show up only in a larger display (assuming the signal is not being compressed by the transmission system, which I believe the BV-2500 does not).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm using the HDFlow iTrio - 100W from the transmitter co-located with an STB and 1080P screen, across the house and up one floor (old construction, metal lath in walls) to a 1080P (1900x1200) screen/monitor.

The iTrio signal is rock solid and using a Monprice HSP-102M active HDMI splitter I can simultaneously utilize both 1080P output devices without any HDCP or DRM issues. Using the IR blaster allows remote channel change.

Pretty slick for $199.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutschow
If a digital picture looks good on a smaller TV (without any obvious artifacts or dropouts) then that is a good as it gets. It will also look fine on a large TV. There are no subtle degradations in a digital picture that would show up only in a larger display (assuming the signal is not being compressed by the transmission system, which I believe the BV-2500 does not).
Sorry for the late response. As for the transmitter I believe the BV-2500 is discontinued and was replaced by the BV-2322 is there any difference between the two?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_guy
I'm using the HDFlow iTrio - 100W from the transmitter co-located with an STB and 1080P screen, across the house and up one floor (old construction, metal lath in walls) to a 1080P (1900x1200) screen/monitor.

The iTrio signal is rock solid and using a Monprice HSP-102M active HDMI splitter I can simultaneously utilize both 1080P output devices without any HDCP or DRM issues. Using the IR blaster allows remote channel change.

Pretty slick for $199.
The iTrio for its price is not bad either so Im currently debating on the iTrio or the Brite-View. Where did you buy the iTrio for $199?

Also how many ports are on the back? Im looking for something with both HDMI and Component plugs. This is true 1080P as well right?

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 /forum/post/19746227

How does this product relate to the iTrio?: http://hdflow.com/Features/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-5 /forum/post/19724563

The iTrio for its price is not bad either so Im currently debating on the iTrio or the Brite-View. Where did you buy the iTrio for $199?

Also how many ports are on the back? Im looking for something with both HDMI and Component plugs. This is true 1080P as well right?

Has HDMI, Component and Composite IN, HDMI and Composite OUT. HDMI and Component are 1080p, Composite is VGA.

Overstock and eBay are your friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.