AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys not sure if this is the right area to ask for assistance or not because this is my first time here so I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this.

I recently bought a new Denon AVR1513 and im trying to hook it up to my new speakers and sub. I purchased the Klipsch Synergy F-10's for my fronts, C-10 for my center and S-10 for my surrounds. I also have a Pioneer sw-8mk2 Sub. Im really new to home theater and just replaced my Home Theater in a Box setup. So this is uncharted water for me. I tried doing as much research as I could to educate myself but id really like to get other peoples assistance so I dont damage them in the setup process. I know nothing about frequencies and in the menu options on the receiver it gives me options for setting the speakers to large or small so im not sure what to do there either. I know my receiver only puts out 550 watts but how do I make sure each speaker is receiving the correct amount of power? Thanks for all the help. Like I said this is all new to me as all I had before was a simple setup, now that ive invested more into it id like to learn a little more and get the best sound I can from it.

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
You are not going to damage anything as long as you connect the speaker cables properly without shorting out the terminals to each other. If you are hearing the speakers play, then you are good to go in this department.

As to power distribution, don't worry about that. Your source material determines how much power goes to each speaker and there is nothing you need to do.

Set your speakers to small. For the "crossover" frequency set it to 80 Hz for all the speakers.

This should get you going for now.

Enjoy your new unit. Should be a huge step up from your last system!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts