AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi people,

I've just managed to get these hdmi extenders working to the main tv in the house. They work remarkably well considering how cheap they were and they have IR passback to boot.

I have wired the remaining parts of the house that will have tv points with cat6 also in the eventuality of buying a hdmi over cat5/6 matrix with hdbaset when prices come down.

For now I have 4 sources that I would like to share to the x2 extenders that I have one as mentioned in the main tv room the other in the master bedroom.

What can I put in place to save me having to hot swap the devices I want to use? Would a hdmi splitter do the job? What would I use to send the IR commands back to devices?

I have seen some products but im unsure on which I need at the moment.

Thank You

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Not sure if im posting this in the right place so please move if not.

I have set the hdmi extenders up for the most part they work great but with the PS4 its a no go. For about 10min they will be working fine but after that I start to get flashes and my screen keeps going blank. Im guessing its something to do with the 60hz refresh rate?

Also I think it may be my terminations as if I move the wire slightly an image comes back with my cable box. So its either that or these extenders that aren't up to the job. They are rated at 30m and im about 12m away from source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts