AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am pretty new to this thread. My friend asked me for some help. He is looking for an audio system he can set up in his house. This is what he is looking for.

he wants to be able to hook up his ipod, iphone and ipad. He wants to be able to have 35 people in his house and have good quality audio without blasting the speakers and causing distortion. lastly he wants to be able to move the audio to speakers outside in the event his guests want to go out to the back yard.

Someone told him to look at Cerwin Vega VE 12F speakers and to look for a good amplifier for the speakers.

Any suggestions?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot_01  /t/1415690/need-some-help-with-inside-and-outdoor-speakers-system#post_22132617

Hello all,

I am pretty new to this thread. My friend asked me for some help. He is looking for an audio system he can set up in his house. This is what he is looking for.

he wants to be able to hook up his ipod, iphone and ipad. He wants to be able to have 35 people in his house and have good quality audio without blasting the speakers and causing distortion. lastly he wants to be able to move the audio to speakers outside in the event his guests want to go out to the back yard.

Someone told him to look at Cerwin Vega VE 12F speakers and to look for a good amplifier for the speakers.

Any suggestions?

The speakers you mention might be a pretty good choice.

Hooking up the ixxx products up to play tunes through a regular stereo isn't rocket science. You can just hook an adapator cable from the headphone jacks to a line input on the receiver or amp.

If's he's going to be doing a lot of partying, I'd suggest these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/electro-voice-zx5-90-15-600w-passive-pa-speaker

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply and the info. I dont think he is going to do a lot of partying, more like get togethers so I dont think he will be blasting music club style. Any suggestions on the amplifier?

He just wants to be able to have people in the house and have sound all over with the option of outside audio in case they want to move to the backyard.

would 2 Cerwin Vega VE 12F speakers work inside and maybe get some weatherproof for outside? any suggestions?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot_01  /t/1415690/need-some-help-with-inside-and-outdoor-speakers-system#post_22135392

thank you for the reply and the info. I dont think he is going to do a lot of partying, more like get togethers so I dont think he will be blasting music club style. Any suggestions on the amplifier?

He just wants to be able to have people in the house and have sound all over with the option of outside audio in case they want to move to the backyard.

would 2 Cerwin Vega VE 12F speakers work inside and maybe get some weatherproof for outside? any suggestions?

The speaker I mentioned, the ZX-5 comes in a weather poof model, the ZX-5 PI. The inside of the grille has an acoustically transparent membrane and the enclosure is completely weather tight. The speaker terminals are replaced with a piece of heavy gauge neoprene covered wire with bare copper pigtails on it.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot_01  /t/1415690/need-some-help-with-inside-and-outdoor-speakers-system#post_22136524

thanks, as for the amplifier, do you have any suggestions?

The speaker I recommended is efficient, highly durable, and an easy load. Any reasonably good ca. 100 wpc receiver that you choose for other reasons should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts