AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i got (1)inuke 3000 DSP with (2)18's D4. Doesnt seem to be any input going into the amp. I bought a RCA to 1/4'' TS. is that the same as RCA to 1/4'' XLR? If its not the same, does radio shack sell them?

when i am in remote connect, there is no signal on A or B.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
You might describe the actual connection or connections you made. From what line level source to tge behringer? What specific output to what specific input. From the behringer output or outputs into what ? Then a person could behin to help troubleshoot. Technically, your description does not rule put the possibility that your (i assume) trs cable is in your car, where it cannot transfer signal between two pieces of equipment in your house. I am sure you think you said stuff you didn't say. Happens to me and everybody else afaik. But help will be more helpful if you actually spill what is in your head out to the people from whom you seek help.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing. I have sub RCA cable from marantz reciever with the 1/4 ts to RCA adapter. I made 2 neutrik speakon cables that go from the amp to my subs with regular connections. The ones you just stick the wire in and screw it down. I checked continuity from speakon to the end of the wire. All seems good. When I go to the computer there are no lights on the a and b side input or output. I have another powered sub that is ran off of that sub cable so I know I have signal from that cable. Amp is in bi amp mode.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sub cable is plugged into a input. I have speakons coming from a and b to each sub seperately. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sounds correct from what you're saying. Did you have a sub connected previously to the receiver, and you've verified the sub out is enabled? Have you tried connect another source to the iNuke? Even the headphone out from a phone, or one of the R/L analog outs on the AVR?

FWIW, I have an NU3000DSP connected to a Yamaha AVR with RCA to 1/4" TS adapter, amp set to Biamp, and it works just fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically i have a 5.1 setup in my living room with a klipsch RW12D sub. i took the cable that runs to it and put the adapter on and stuck it in the inuke. i will try a different source, thanks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'd think you should be seeing something in remote connect, assuming it connected to the amp properly. You might also post in the DIY sub forum; there's lots of people using iNukes on subs there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Input (from AVR to iNuke) in Ch A? Won't work if in Ch B.
yes input Ch A. Also the amp doesnt seem to let me change setting on the amp itself. i can only change settings from the laptop. Also loses settings when i power off.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Are you completely sure that the software sees and is connected to the amp? If you launch Remote Connect, then plug in the USB cable, does it prompt you asking if you want to Connect to device?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427678343.979861.jpg

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yes input Ch A. Also the amp doesnt seem to let me change setting on the amp itself. i can only change settings from the laptop. Also loses settings when i power off.
which button are you pressing to save the settings? You need to push the small third button sandwiched between the up/down buttons to save the settings as you adjust them. Then you need to go to the save menu to save the settings before powering down. part of your issue might be the front panel knobs - how are they set?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you completely sure that the software sees and is connected to the amp? If you launch Remote Connect, then plug in the USB cable, does it prompt you asking if you want to Connect to device?
View attachment 634705
yes, that prompt comes up on my laptop

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
which button are you pressing to save the settings? You need to push the small third button sandwiched between the up/down buttons to save the settings as you adjust them. Then you need to go to the save menu to save the settings before powering down. part of your issue might be the front panel knobs - how are they set?
it lets me select the option, but when i press up and down to change the settings nothing happens.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
it lets me select the option, but when i press up and down to change the settings nothing happens.
When you setup the 3K, you have to save it in the setup tab(SOFTWARE is what I use) by typing in a name for the setup, and hitting Store.

The front knobs are for the input sensitivity, mine are ~ 2:00, the Gain knob in the filter/crossover screen is for the output.

I used RCA to TS(Mono) plugs, because I was getting a bit of hum from XLR adapters.

Check these items, and if that fails, disconnect the other sub, and put it in Stereo or dual mono instead of Biamp mode, just to see if the amp is actually working.

Just a suggestion, Good Luck.

m

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
That little button next to the up/down is a knob, as well as a switch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That little button next to the up/down is a knob, as well as a switch.
well, the little knob seemed to wake the amp up. Seems like i am underdriving my woofers tho. my klipsch rw12d is outdoing both of these 18's. I have the woofers wired like the attached picture. Could someone suggest the settings used for 2 subwoofers please. Thanks for the help so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Did you set the gains correctly?
Turn the front knobs to around 2:00 for now, go into the Crossover tab and set the Gain knob to around 3:00
Are you using the USB to Laptop software and connecting? It's far easier in software.
Did you try the amp in stereo or dual mono mode without the other sub hooked up?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Sure thing. I have sub RCA cable from marantz reciever with the 1/4 ts to RCA adapter. I made 2 neutrik speakon cables that go from the amp to my subs with regular connections. The ones you just stick the wire in and screw it down. I checked continuity from speakon to the end of the wire. All seems good. When I go to the computer there are no lights on the a and b side input or output. I have another powered sub that is ran off of that sub cable so I know I have signal from that cable. Amp is in bi amp mode.
What terminals did you use on the Speakon connector at the iNuke end?

If the connection from AVR is RCA to TS, you should get input lights to go up as you turn up the gain from the AVR, if you are not getting signal to the amp it's obviously not going to work- as you noted earlier.
What is the Output setting from AVR to the amp? I use a Denon AVR, and it goes from +12 to -12, but I know some folks need to use a bump box because their AVR(or whatever gear) doesn't seem to output enough voltage to drive the amp- never experienced that myself.
Those 2 18's and that amp will destroy that sub you have, so obviously something is very wrong.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts