AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's my first post on these forums so dont kill me! Right now I have the Kameleon All for one remote, it works fine but one of my buttons went dim a couple weeks ago and I havent been happy since. Anyways im tempted to get rid of it and get the Sony RM-AV3000, but Im not sure if I will encounter the same problems im having now. Heres the thing, For my surround sound and dvd player I have the Bose 3-2-1 system, which is awesome but there is no easy way (that I can figure out) to setup the Kameleon remote to work with the Bose system. Because of the way I have it setup right now im the only one that really knows how to operate the remote without any problems, but put the remote in someone elses hands and they hit the wrong button they're lost. So if anybody has any points for setup with the 3-2-1 Bose system it would be MUCH appreciated, and if you think I should ditch the Kameleon, which remote should I go for? I havent seen too much posted about the Sony AV3000. thanks alot. love reading these forums by the way.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
I don't know if you should ditch the Kameleon. But if you do go with a new remote and do go touch screen, I think the Pronto is a better bet, especially if what you want is ease of use. The Pronto's screen is fully customisable so you can add as many buttons as needed place them where they are the most convenient and give them any label you want. You cannot do that with the Sony, most of the LCD buttons have partially fixed labels (a few different choices per button) except for 4 or 5 at the bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I despise both the Kameleon and the Sony 3000; I see no good reason for anybody to choose these over alternatives. They share issues of no tactile feedback for most keys on the Sony and all keys on the Kameleon, and limited configurability of the labels. Go to www.remotecentral.com to browse through reviews. I highly recommend any of the Home Theater Master MX-x00 series, or perhaps their upcoming URC-200 or URC-300. 2nd choice for me would be the Harmony 659.

Prontos are the way to go if you really like touchscreen, but I really prefer buttons since I prefer to operate remotes without having to look at them, keeping my vision on the TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.