AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am not a complete newbie, but on this I need some help. Basically, my dad(going on 80-God Bless) had his one-in-all mini HT blow on him. Basically, it was a one shot Aiwa set with everything except the Dvd Player included. So he loves my set up( Diva 6.1 for L/R and C3 for center and Axiom for rears), not to mention the H&K AV8000, the Parasound HCA-855A. So he calls me from sunny and warm Florida and tells(not asks) me to get him something of good quality-in the same breath he also delivers the message that he went to a local b&m store and the "Bose was expensive-$600"-hope this is not against the rules. Now he is not without funds, I mean he could afford much more. He also wants to go the separate route( didn't want to mention Lexicon to him though-LOL). What would you gals and guys do? If this was your dad. Alll the wiring is done so basically just get the components and the interconnects. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Have Pop blow your inheritance and do it up right!

If he likes your setup, it might be a good idea to buy something similar. It will also help you when you have to provide technical support over the phone at 10 PM on a Saturday night. But I think you'll have to make a trip down and help him select the components and get it installed. ;)

Randy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy-need some more info as to a good package-Looked at Axiom and Rocket packages they look good-any thoughts on them?

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Quote:
Have Pop blow your inheritance and do it up right!
that is one sentiment I can agree with 100% every time my dad asks for my opinion I say the same thing. Our parents worked hard for their money, and I think it is for them to enjoy it.

An other idea (if you are thinking of upgrading) is giving him your equipment or selling it to him. Makes a good excuse to upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.