AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fired up the LEEZA I received a couple of weeks back. I have it connected to a Mits SR/HD5 Directv receiver. LEEZA output to a Mits WS65903 via (5)RGBHV input to LEEZA via YPrPb.

I am having a problem with the HD pass thru. The picture seems to only have output of green color.

Not the cables, if I swap them over to my DVD player and do the appropriate configuration, the picture is excellent. So based on that, I can rule out the 5BNC cables and the output leg of the LEEZA.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I don't know what. The setup is just the components mentioned so nothing else is in the mix to cause a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Depending on the output of your receiver component/rgb did you go into the setup menu for the HD input your using and choose the appropriate component or rgb setting?

Its possible your on the wrong setting.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Its possible your on the wrong setting.
No, the setting is correct. The output does not display at all with the incorrect setting...

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Quote:
LEEZA output to a Mits WS65903 via (5)RGBHV input to LEEZA via YPrPb.
Forgive me, but I have no idea what that means. What goes into the LEEZA and what comes out?!

It sounds like you're transcoding the HD passthrough (i.e., taking RGBHV and converting it to Component via the passthrough option). The HD passthrough takes only SPECIFIC rates for transcoding! It might be:

1. You're not using one of the specific HD passthrough rates that LEEZA supports.

2. There might be a problem with the transcoding module.

Does everything else get coded into YPbPr properly?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, Let's try again.

Problem input is HD YPrPb from SR/HD5 to LEEZA on HD Passthru 1. Output from LEEZA is RGBHV to Mits WS65903. Output is 540P.

Standard NTSC from DVD player to Mits WS65903 on LEEZA SD1 input works correctly, so output setup of LEEZA is compatible with with TV.

HD passthru picture is viewable with correct geometry etc. It's just a green tinted picture rather than full color.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
that green tint usually means you have rgb and component settings mixed up. the Leeza will transcode from one to the other, so check it out. you have three places to check: output of the HD source must match the Leeza input setting, output of the leeza must match your desired output format (I use rgb) and your display must match what the Leeza is outputting.

in my application, i am inputting HD via vga/bnc breakout as rgb from a dtc-100 and outputting HD as rgbhv (5-bnc). the plas i use is set for rgbhv input for HD.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Steve,

The problem is that you're outputting a component signal from your HDTV box through the LEEZA's HDTV pass-thru, which only passes through whatever is input, it doesn't transcode the signal to RGBHV, which is what input you're using on your Mitsubishi TV. You will need to use an RGBHV output of your HDTV box or a Component input on your TV. If you input component signals into an RGBHV input, you will indeed get a green picture as you describe, they are incompatible. The reason it works when you use DVD is because then the LEEZA is outputting in the RGBHV color space.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
it doesn't transcode the signal to RGBHV, which is what input you're using on your Mitsubishi TV. You will need to use an RGBHV output of your HDTV box or a Component input on your TV. If you input component signals into an RGBHV input, you will indeed get a green picture as you describe, they are incompatible.
Well that stinks, It specifically says right in the manual "Three High Definition pass-through are transcoded for either RGBHV or Component Video", which would lead me to believe that they should be transcoded....

Steve

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
OK, if that's the case, I stand corrected and then there's probably something else wrong with your setup or the transcode function isn't set-up properly. What you describe does sound like you're inputting a component YUV signal into an RGBHV input though:confused:???

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
a component YUV signal into an RGBHV input though
The HD Input is set to YPrPb, which I think is correct since that is what the Mits SR/HD5 outputs. If I switch it to RGB the whole picture looses sync, BUT when I switch it back to YPrPb the color in the picture appears for perhaps 7 seconds then if fades to green in about the next 10 seconds (very strange) and stays tinted green.

Steve

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Steve

I just checked the HD pass through using my DTC100.

All is well. Of course the DTC100 does not offer component output.

I do have the KD transcoder. Later on I will hook this up to convert my DTC100 to component and feed it into the pass through.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the record, here is the fix.

I spoke with Mike at Key Digital about the problem. He said that in my configuration (YPrPb transcode to RGBHV) the YPrPb outputs must be terminated to 75 OHMs. A quick run to Radio Shack produced the necessary parts and bingo!

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Steve

Ahhh light at the end of the tunnel.

Dave Harper

Welcome back:)

Glad your safe and sound and hope you and your family are enjoying their reunion!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Thanks Alan!!!

It's definitely good to be back here in the good ole' US of A:)...for now!!! Where I was sleeping and flying definitely confirmed the term "Hell on Earth":D!!!

Steve,

Glad you got your problem resolved. I guess I need to do some more research on the new stuff that came out while I was gone;).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Off topic I know but I just wanted to salute Dave for protecting our freedom. Without folks like Dave, the Osama crowd would close down internet forums like AVS in a heart's beat.

:D

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Thanks Rags!!!

I really appreciate the salute and we need to make sure we don't forget the other soldiers, sailors and airman still over there kickin' Taliban A$$:D!!!

I'm sure I'll be back over there again in the not too distant future:(!!! Hopefully not before the Holidays, I don't think my wife and kids would take that very well, I know I certainly won't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.