AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out of resources to help with my Linux Mint 16 networking issue. I've been using Mint for well over a year with now issues, all my streamers saw the content on my Mint computer where all my file reside. About a week ago something, my streamers and windows computers can see the folders and files but cannot access them, access is denied. I did nothing other than routine updates to the system. I've tried every suggestion I can find, no luck. I uninstalled Samba and reinstalled it, no change. Every time I access my computer under windows shares, what I had been using, I get incorrect user or password. I've added users and tried that route -still nothing.

I'm at a loss, posted on Mint forum and was ignored, looking for any help I can get,,,

·
Registered
596 Posts
Post this over in the Linux HTPC forum. You should get plenty of help there.

Are you using samba or NFS or ???? for network sharing?

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Forgot about the Linux HTPC forum.

Anyway weirdly sharing via Samba seems to be working. I added a second user, and now on the Wd box I can access files with no user name or password - weird. But for some reason the PC cannot open the networking, get a message that Nemo cannot handle network locations. Always did before.

So I will leave it for now, spent way too much time on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts