AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im a novice in the HT world, i have some issues i'm confued about that i would love some kind experts to help

1. Why are CRT's so expensive, why would somone use one over a digital?

Pro's Cons to these?

2. Where do you buy material (parkland) for screens?

3. How long can Component or S-video cales go before you lose quality, assuming they are good quality cables?

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not an expert by any means, but I'll give a shot to answering some of your questions:

1. Why are CRT's so expensive, why would somone use one over a digital?

Pro's Cons to these?

Check the CRT forum for why people like them. The main reasons you'll typically hear are better blacks and better overall image. Of course, your individual preferences may be different.

2. Where do you buy material (parkland) for screens?

If you are lucky enough to live in an area where Parkland material is carried by Home Depot or Lowes, you can get it there. Otherwise you can call the company and tell them it's for home theater use. They are used to receiveing these calls and know exactly what you want. Phone is: 1-800-835-4110.

3. How long can Component or S-video cales go before you lose quality, assuming they are good quality cables?

Here again, each individual has a preference/opinion. I have a 30' run of component and a 50' run of S-video, and the quality is fine for me. Others will probably disagree.

Hope that helps some.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.