AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this world but I have been doing lots of research and looking for input. I am building a brand new media room approx 15 x 18 with dark walls, ceiling and furniture. So ambient lighting can be totally controlled. I am viewing from about 13 feet but want to be able to handle people viewing from the angles as well. I am heavily considering the Sony VPL-HW30ES projector. I would like some feed back on if that is the best projector in that price range why/why not

and what is the screen i should consider. I am looking at the elunevision studio white but am confused as whether I should be going white/grey, etc

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
In a properly light controlled room as you describe you want a white, color neutral screen with as little texture as possible. Contact the screen manufactures you are interested in and request sample packs of their screen material. These are normally about a foot square and free of charge. You can not tell exactly how the real screen will look but it will help you weed them out and narrow it down. i.e which is brighter, which shows sparklies, which show texture etc

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts