AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do alot of watching shows from video tape recorded in EP or off the air. I got a JVC 9800 svideo hoping it would be better than a less expensive vcr and it is but I would like to futhor clean up p the image.

I have a notevision5 which acceps 104x768 native. I don't wnat to spend alot because my vcr days are limited. What can I get to clean up and sharpen the image? I was thinking of a line doubler or something.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since it would only be for tv and the vcr I don't want to spend alot. Is a modle 2 ok or should I just byte the bullet and get the modle 3. I called iscan and they said there is a big difference. Or is there something else.

I have never seen these units so I am lost. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Your best bet is a HTPC. If you can build and debug a PC, you can probably get a decent one for $1000. If that's beyond your capabilities, the basic AVS model costs $1700. You could use it immediately with DScaler software driving your projector to view TV (better than any external VCR). It would also act as a scaler and a DVD player - and cost less and work better than these three items purchased seperately.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.