AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've done a lot of research and now I'm looking for a suggestion.

Budget: $1000, but if a $600 sub will work just as well, than thats an option. I have no problems buying used.

Size Requirement: Size could be a little bit of a problem. I don't have room for an absolutely massive sub, but i could make room for a bigger sub if need be. Don't know exact size requirement, i could make most things work.

Room Dimensions: 20x15x8. This is not a huge room and is fairly closed in. One small opening to the kitchen, the size of a doorway.

Primary Uses: 80% HT and 20% music.

Listening Habits: Do not listen to music or movies at extremely high levels. I would say a little louder than average.

Appearance Requirements: None, but a good looking sub is a plus.

Timeframe: Do not need it right away. Within the next couple months.

So far ive looked into SVS, ED, HSU and Epik. All seem to make good subs, but its hard to decide between them.

I was wondering how good the PC12-Plus is? Its a cylinder, so a smaller size and it would fit easier in the corner. And i think the cylinder subs look cool. However, if it is not nearly as good as other subs in the price range, then i will make something else fit.

Also, how does it compare to the regular PC12? Is it worth the extra $350?

Thanks, any input is appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18143580

I considered the first three on your list and after 2 months I decided to go with the ED A3-300, from the threads I read it just seemed like it was the best value. My room is 19 x 19 with 10' ceilings. I'm 90% movies. I've had it about a month and I'm very pleased with it. I'm sure the others are great subs but just from the research I did I feel like I made the right choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.