AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows about these two speakers I need advice.

I have a medium sized room with all hsu bookshelves, center and TWO HSU VTF3 MK5's.

So I'm doing great in the sub department. And doing good in the other departments, for the cost.

But I'm wanting to upgrade fronts. Just looking for a bigger soundstage, more clarity, maybe a bit more oomph at the higher bass frequencies.

Would the triton 5 or 7 be best? I mean is the T5 a bit overkill since I have the subs covered pretty well?

I was really hoping to go get new speakers this weekend, but the local store only has T7's in stock. I'm trying to talk myself into them being best for my situation. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
If anyone knows about these two speakers I need advice.

I have a medium sized room with all hsu bookshelves, center and TWO HSU VTF3 MK5's.

So I'm doing great in the sub department. And doing good in the other departments, for the cost.

But I'm wanting to upgrade fronts. Just looking for a bigger soundstage, more clarity, maybe a bit more oomph at the higher bass frequencies.

Would the triton 5 or 7 be best? I mean is the T5 a bit overkill since I have the subs covered pretty well?

I was really hoping to go get new speakers this weekend, but the local store only has T7's in stock. I'm trying to talk myself into them being best for my situation. What do you think?
Buy the 7s, with the stipulation that they will put the money paid towards the 5s, when they finally arrive.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I found the 5's at another dealer.

I have two very good subs so I should I set triton 5's at large or small? I'm assuming either way, crossover 80hz?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I recently auditioned the 7's and thought they would be fine for music without a sub.

I would not spend the extra for the 5's if you have subs available for use in the system.

The 7's were awesome with high quality playback files. They brought out the limitations of streamed media though, more so than my current speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts