AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
はじめまして、

I'm moving into my apartment for my second year of college this summer and I'm going to need some new speakers to help with parties and just general jammin'. The main room where I'd want these two (floor standing) speakers to go has dimensions of 20x15'. I'd also like them to be fairy compatible with my Denon AVR1513 receiver. There'll probably be a lot of beverage being tossed to and fro in the immediate area, is there anything I can get that'll help with that problem?

My budget is $400.

What is my best option here?

I've been looking around at Fluance and JBL setups b/c I may want to get a cheaper 5.1 or 5.0 setup to put in my 15x10' bedroom, then take the two fronts out into the common room for parties.

TL;DR: Need either two fronts OR 5.1/5.0 setup for 15x10 room with fronts that work for 20x15 party room.

- J

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you want them for a party I would suggest doing a 2.1 setup to put less strain on the Denon and allowing you to play the towers at louder volume without distorting. You may want to look at a 6.5" BIC tower or an 8" BIC tower paired with a sub like the JBL ES250 That will do a lot better than a 5.0, 5.1 or 2.0 system in the $400 range. Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts