AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This projector has great colors, above average contrast ratio, and very good video processing. It produces a very crisp image. You will need to be back 14-15 feet from screen to avoid seeing screen door effect. It is a nice enough projector for 1900-they are avilable for 2700 on InFocus web site refurbished and sold with a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, leckian!

Is the screen door effect really that bad on this one? I will be closer than 15', probably more like 8-10'. I recently saw a SONY VPL-VW10HT in a setup almost identical to mine (screen size, viewing distance, ambient light) and I did not find the screen door disturbing at all (the colors were hideous though, probably bad setup). So, can you comment on the screen door in comparison to the SONY? I will see for myself after the weekend...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
At 8-10 feet the screen door effect on the InFocus and just about all LCD projectors will be clearly visible. The InFocus although a good projector is a discontined model. You have to get back further than you might with a brand new model with mirco-lens array. The fill factor on LCD's have improved on some of the more recent models. I had one these for a few days and at 11 feet I was very aware of the screen door.

Lenny

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
David,

I have an infocus lp 735 for sale. The specs on these to these two projectors are similar. Same contrast ratio, 2000 hour bulb life, etc. The 755 is rated higher in lumens (650 vs 1000.) I recently purchased a new lamp (~450 dollars.) Also if you are concerned with screen door I have an IMX depixelization lens to match it. If you are interested e-mail me. I can go well under $19000, on the price for both. Or sell just the infoucs too. I do have someone interested in the IMX so if you are interested please let me know soon.

Hope to hear from you,

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lenny, I went to have a look at the 755 last night and you

are soooo right. Screen door all over the place http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif I did like the overall picture but contrast was not on par with

other LCD´s I've seen lately. I also had a look at a Sharp

XG-NV4 and in comparison to the 755 I actually preferredthe

Sharp mainly due to better perceived black level. Even more

screen door than the 755 though. The 755 had three bad

pixels, one red resembling a laser pointer...

After looking at several LCD's in a short period of time, I

can only conclude that the tradeoff of good black level and

contrast is a very present screen door and vice versa.

DLP, here I come!

Adam, that is a very nice offer. However I am reluctant to

buy anything I can not audition in person. Since I live in

Sweden, that could be a problem http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif That depixelization

device sounds cool, how does it work??

Thanks again!

/David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.