AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Hope i have this in the right area. But i just took the big step and finally bought a new tv. I bought the Toshiba 62hm196 but unfortunately i can't find the stand that goes with it. On Toshiba's site it is listed as model ST62726.

Now, i don't necessarily have to get that one but i thought it would look great and fit perfectly. So my question to all is, do you know where i can get the Toshiba stand (I'm in Mississauga, Ontario)?

Or, can you suggest another stand that would go great with this tv?

Thank you all in advance

Sunny

·
Registered
JBL Original S-Series S26 x6, S-Center, Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Speakers & SVS 25-31 PCi Sub
682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyb /forum/post/0

Hello everyone,

Hope i have this in the right area. But i just took the big step and finally bought a new tv. I bought the Toshiba 62hm196 but unfortunately i can't find the stand that goes with it. On Toshiba's site it is listed as model ST62726.

Now, i don't necessarily have to get that one but i thought it would look great and fit perfectly. So my question to all is, do you know where i can get the Toshiba stand (I'm in Mississauga, Ontario)?

Or, can you suggest another stand that would go great with this tv?

Thank you all in advance

Sunny

I always recommend getting the integrated Toshiba HDTV Stand if you can, ... because there are ...

=====
1) Two (2) small round rubber bumper feet* on the top of the Toshiba TV Stand that fits a molded small channel on the bottom of the HDTV top (limited slide - right to left & front to back) ...

2) HDTV molded fins fits the two slots* on the TV Stands two front wood corner wood supports (slide forward aligns the HDTV top to TV Stand) ...

... and ...

3) Locking Strap that is in line with one of the HDTV Top Mounting Screws that locks the TV Stand to the HDTV Top - Great for us in Earthquake country (SF Bay Area).

* Click here to see the 2 small round rubber bumper feet and two slots - top of the two front wood corner wood supports .

=====

Contact you local Toshiba Dealer to locate one or ... otherwise, you can use any TV Stand that is wide enough to support weight (103 lbs.) and size of your 62HM196 (57"w x 20"d x 19"h**)

**19" high will put the 62HM196 @ the correct viewing height while seated on your couch or chair.

Hope this helps,

Phil

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
You might want to consider the Techcraft PTV583B stand sold by Circuit City. They are selling this 58" wide stand for use with the new Toshiba 65" RPTV and it is about a inch wider than you 62" TV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I think i will go with the Toshiba stand but unfortunately i have had no luck locating one. Best Buy is sold out and not getting anymore. Futureshop doesn't carry any and i checked a few other shops and still no luck. Calling Toshiba Canada was no help AT ALL.

I'll continue my search but if anyone knows a place that has stock, please let me know. As i mentioned above, i am in Mississauga, Ontario Canada.

Thanks for now

·
Registered
1 Posts
6 FT HDMI to HDMI HD Cable for Toshiba 62HM196 (HDMI-HDMI-6FT-2123) HD Data Cable

Overall Rating:

This product has not yet been reviewed.

Lowest Price: $7.99

at Amazon Marketplace

Subscribe to reviews on this product

1 - 6 of 6 Posts