AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all - Last time I was here you all sent be down a much bigger and more expensive path, for which I am grateful every time I play a movie!!! This time I need to stay smaller...

Need some advice for a smaller sub to complement some bookshelf's, no budget just needs to be high WAF. Will be 100% music oriented. Bedroom roughly 10x15 or so with sloped ceilings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,605 Posts
Striper Mark said:
... Need some advice for a smaller sub to complement some bookshelf's. Will be 100% music oriented. Bedroom roughly 10x15 or so with sloped ceilings.

Any thoughts? ...
Rythmik F12-300
M-L Dynamo 700 (currently on sale for $400)
SVS SB-1000

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey all - Last time I was here you all sent be down a much bigger and more expensive path, for which I am grateful every time I play a movie!!! This time I need to stay smaller...

Need some advice for a smaller sub to complement some bookshelf's. Will be 100% music oriented. Bedroom roughly 10x15 or so with sloped ceilings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mark
A small sealed sub should do well in that space. What’s the budget?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
in the order you listed them. That said, the ML is the quality/$ winner among the three, at it's current sale price. So, if you are the type that likes to get a deal, then that would be the best choice. If you want the best of the three, price be damned, then get the Rythmik.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
The SVS SB-1000 is a good little sub for music and is available in piano black and piano white for an upcharge. Small and gorgeous finish is usually high in WAF. Great thing about SVS is risk free trial period, so if it doesn't work out it costs you nothing to send it back within 45 days.

Reactions: Madmax67

·
Registered
123 Posts
Find the Rythmik F12 variant to fit your needs and never look back.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Would the PSA S1510 be small enough? It is available in different real wood veneers. Look at previous models and the S1500 to get an idea of what the options look like.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would the PSA S1510 be small enough? It is available in different real wood veneers. Look at previous models and the S1500 to get an idea of what the options look like.
No, the PSA is too big. Thx!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
No, the PSA is too big. Thx!!
What are your max dimensions? When I was shopping I heard at a local retailer a Goldenear Supersub and was impressed. I I also read here a pretty glowing review of the next step down their Forcefiled 5 sub. Maybe one of those?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

Need some advice for a smaller sub to complement some bookshelf's, no budget just needs to be high WAF. Will be 100% music oriented. Bedroom roughly 10x15 or so with sloped ceilings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mark
Hello, Mark! This Mark here went with a MartinLogan Dynamo 300 and zero complaints. The thing is an overachiever! ;) See my sig line. But in a bedroom, you don't need to go any bigger than 8" [yes, I realize how that reads...LOL :D ]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello, mark! This mark here went with a martinlogan dynamo 300 and zero complaints. The thing is an overachiever! ;) see my sig line. But in a bedroom, you don't need to go any bigger than 8" [yes, i realize how that reads...lol :d ]
Bwahahahaha

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Many forget that the Rythmik L12 and F12 also come in White.

Small White subs have very high WAF!
You must be a woman. ;) 12" is huge for a bedroom. At least that's what my wife told me. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts