AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living room is 16'x16' with openings on the left and rear to the kitchen and dining room respectively... I need a subwoofer to complete 5.1 system.

I was looking at the Polk PSW12 but have seen a lot of complaints with them on this board. Can anyone recommend another sub that would work for this size room and my budget?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention... Usage of this system will be mainly movies, but also TV & music. The receiver is a Pioneer 1015TX and the other speakers are (or should I say, *will* be Polk Audio RC85i & RC55i - center channel not decided).

The room has carpet floors if that makes a difference...

Other models I was looking at are:

Velodyne VRP-1200

HSU STF-2 (A little over my price range)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
In your budget, take a look at the Acoustech H-100, or maybe two of the new Dayton 12" from Parts Express. Both available via the 'net. If you could stretch to the STF-2, that is a great choice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm a newbie in the same situation. I'm also looking at the Hsu STF-1, but my room is 20X12. What do people think of the STF-1 for this?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickCardo
I'm a newbie in the same situation. I'm also looking at the Hsu STF-1, but my room is 20X12. What do people think of the STF-1 for this?

Although there aren't any tests published on the Acoustech H-100 it was designed by HSU and uses a 12'' driver along with the amp that is used in the STF-1 which is a very capable performer. See Nousaine's measurements on the STF-1 on the link below. At $249.00 I believe that the H- 100 would be a better choice but that's up to you. Good luck.

http://members.cox.net/fabulousfrankie/Nousaine.htm

Ian

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
thatta boy! take no prisoners! :D

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Good luck and watch out for falling objects! :D
Enjoy!

Ian :)