AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a cheap sub now. I have been waiting for the av123 x-sub for months to appear as something other than "ETA TBD" on the web site but as far as I can tell this thing is just MIA. Has anyone gotten one this year???

Is there anything in the $100-200 range available now that has a small form factor (~18" H x 12" D x I don't care how wide). At this point I don't care what it sounds like.

Room: ~2000 ft^3 (Apartment, carpet, don't wish to disturb the neighbors)

AVR: new Pio 1018

Speakers (5.0 system): PSB Alpha CLR1x1 and psb alpha LR1x4

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
That is a very shallow depth for a sub to try to fit inside. I know the X-sub is close, but that's a design that's kind of unusual compared to others in that price range.

Velodyne VX-10 is (Width x Depth x Height): 12" x 17" x 15" $170 or so.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is an apartment above us also.

That velodyne is a little big, trying to fit it behind our two recliners, basically directly opposite the tv and against the back wall.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
The Athena AS-P4100 sub might work if you position it right. Measures 17.5" high, 11.5" wide, 18" deep. It's downfiring, so you can position it as if its width was depth, if that makes sense. You can get them for as little as $130 online (plus whatever shipping.)

SVS has some cylindrical subs that would easily fit, but they start at $550.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mmm, that athena kinda looks bad IMO. Anyways, I just "ordered" an x-sub on the av123 site even though it says ETA TBD. I wonder what will happen. Maybe they will email me tommorrow with an actual date or something. Last time I emailed them (a couple months ago) asking if there was a waiting list or anything they just responded that they were "working hard" to keep the website availability section updated, which wasn't very helpful. Craziness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts