AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I need a recommendation for a good subwoofer under 500$ Its for a 12x12 room, looks arent really that important and size doesnt matter. Its use is for 50% gaming 50% HT and very little music.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Agreed, unless you plan on listening VERY loud, the SVS PB10-NSD should be more than enough subwoofer for that room. It's great for movies and games and should impress you with its output and its powerful deep extension.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
If I am looking for a recommendation for a sub where should I post? Or should I start a new thread? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerrx /forum/post/15590421

If I am looking for a recommendation for a sub where should I post? Or should I start a new thread? Thanks.

Start a new thread. To everyone, thanks, ive decided to buy that subwoofer. Where is the cheapest place to get it?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
No, don't start a new thread. This one shouldn't have been started.

Find one of the many threads looking for sub advice at $500, read it, and if you still have a question post it and bump the existing thread.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves57 /forum/post/15591576

Start a new thread. To everyone, thanks, ive decided to buy that subwoofer. Where is the cheapest place to get it?
www.svsound.com is the only place where you can get the PB10-NSD. They don't have a physical store nor do they distribute their products to dealers.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Please try VELODYNE digital drive series,you will enjoy it for a long time.It can match in any rooms with acoustic EQ adjustment.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsu /forum/post/15592250

Please try VELODYNE digital drive series,you will enjoy it for a long time.It can match in any rooms with acoustic EQ adjustment.

His budget is around $500. I just checked and the smallest Velodyne Digital Drive series is around $1,000.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves57 /forum/post/15589851

Hey everyone,

I need a recommendation for a good subwoofer under 500$ Its for a 12x12 room, looks arent really that important and size doesnt matter. Its use is for 50% gaming 50% HT and very little music.

Thanks in advance.

I got an Outlaw LFM-Plus for $500 ($549 right now) shipped from them during a promotion and love it. An ED A3-300 would be great for your purposes as well, which would be $475 shipped. Performance of these two will be pretty similar but the finish on the Outlaw is much, much better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry not sure where to post this, and rather than start another thread like you said I'm just gunna post it in here.

Looking for a sub preferably less than $450. 40% music, 35% gaming, %25 movies. I currently have the Klipsch reference 52 line, minus the sub. My room is a small basement room, low ceiling. Now the main problem is I don't have a credit card, and would prefer to get a sub I could just pick up from the store, also I live in Canada. I do have a discount on Klipsch stuff (cost +5%), the only problem is the store only carries the klipsch subs that are still out of my range. Like the RW 12D, XW 300d, XW 500, etc., although I could go for the RPW-10, which isn't bad, just wondering if I could get more.

Any help would be great!

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
Used eD's 10" in an 11'x13' room, it rocked the house, and that's their baby sub (A2-250). Anything close to $500 (A3-300) will pack quite a punch. It doesn't take much for these size rooms.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsey /forum/post/15595469

Sorry not sure where to post this, and rather than start another thread like you said I'm just gunna post it in here.

Looking for a sub preferably less than $450. 40% music, 35% gaming, %25 movies. I currently have the Klipsch reference 52 line, minus the sub. My room is a small basement room, low ceiling. Now the main problem is I don't have a credit card, and would prefer to get a sub I could just pick up from the store, also I live in Canada. I do have a discount on Klipsch stuff (cost +5%), the only problem is the store only carries the klipsch subs that are still out of my range. Like the RW 12D, XW 300d, XW 500, etc., although I could go for the RPW-10, which isn't bad, just wondering if I could get more.

Any help would be great!

I'm also in Canada and just bought a sub a week ago. I ended up with a short list of three: SVS PB10-NSD (sold through SonicBoomAudio in Canada, $579 list plus shipping if not in GTA, so +$60), PSB SubSeries 5i ($599 list), Paradigm DSP-3100 ($569 list).

I went to listen to the PSB, there was something wrong with the one I heard as it behaved poorly during the Finding Nemo Darla scene. Dealer offered slight discount.

SonicBoomAudio probably would have offered a discount for an order right then, but they had to come down from $640 delivered a lot to be in the race.

There were 2 Paradigm dealers in my area, so I asked each of them for their best price. One offered 15% off and the other 20%, so Iended up getting for $455 (in your budget). It's a great sub, very musical and way better than anything I've had before on HT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I took proper measurements and my room is 13x10. I was thinking I could get their PBS-12 NSD but isnt it too much sub for my room?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves57 /forum/post/15597548

So I took proper measurements and my room is 13x10. I was thinking I could get their PBS-12 NSD but isnt it too much sub for my room?

The standard reply here will be "there's no such thing as too much sub". That being said, if you wanted to save money and get a PB10 you would still be blown away; the question is "how blown away do you want to be"

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves57 /forum/post/15597548

Depends on your tastes. For most people, a PB10-NSD in that room would be a massive amount of bass. On the other hand, I had a PB10-NSD in my 11'x10' room and purchased a second just 2-3 months later because I wanted more. Then another 8 months later I sold them both and upgraded to an Epik Castle. So far so good on the Castle - I've had it for a few months and have absolutely no desire to upgrade...yet
. Point is, whether or not a PB10-NSD is enough is dependent on your listening levels and expectations. The PB12-NSD would certainly be better if you want to put off the desire to upgrade for a longer period of time.

My recommendation is that if you have the money, go for the PB12-NSD. It removes the "what if's" from your mind and should have no problem impressing you. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakersfan34 /forum/post/15599216

My recommendation is that if you have the money, go for the PB12-NSD. It removes the "what if's" from your mind and should have no problem impressing you. Best of luck.

The two reasons to choose a PB10 over a PB12 are:

- budget

- music; many people find the PB10 is better for music than the 12; in your room the 10 would be great for HT whereas the 12 would be MIND BLOWING (until you feel the need for a 15"
)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GAH! screw it, go big or go home right? Im going with the PB12-NSD since I listen to very little music. But then again, the Epik Valor and Knight are in my range but 15" inches is just too much since I do live with other people.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeves57 /forum/post/15599873

GAH! screw it, go big or go home right? Im going with the PB12-NSD since I listen to very little music. But then again, the Epik Valor and Knight are in my range but 15" inches is just too much since I do live with other people.

I think the PB12-NSD will be very impressive in that room. As long as you don't mind the look of the cylinders, if you want to save a few bucks and get virtually the same performance you can get the PC12-NSD instead. It's on sale for $549 right now and should perform almost identically to the PB12-NSD. It's tall but it has a smaller footprint - I don't know if floorspace is at a premium in your rather small room, but I just thought I'd mention it. Either way, I think you're in for a good time
. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts