AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and am looking for recommendations of a sub to pair with my new 5.1 setup of vienna acoustics waltz grands paired with a pioneer elite vsx-03txh. I'd appreciate any input anyone has to offer regarding speaker choice/setup as well as which sub might work well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawilso /forum/post/15444635

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and am looking for recommendations of a sub to pair with my new 5.1 setup of vienna acoustics waltz grands paired with a pioneer elite vsx-03txh. I'd appreciate any input anyone has to offer regarding speaker choice/setup as well as which sub might work well.

Thanks!

Tell us your room size and your maximum budget for your subwoofer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to stay around the $1000 mark and my room is 15' by 18'. I'd like to mount my speakers because I can't appropriately position floor speakers in my room, so I figured going with 5 VA waltzs was my best option. Any comments on the speaker choice are welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Vienna makes rather high-end speakers. To go along with those speakers, you might want something that focuses on sound quality rather than sheer output.

With the servo, the Rythimik 15 would give you some of the cleanest sound for anywhere near the money.

If you want to chat with someone with a good deal of experience you may be able to chat with Curtis Chang. He has a keen sense of sound quality, and has heard a fair number of subwoofers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You may also look for posts by rythmik, he is the designer.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
That is true, but the OP needs to clarify whether his system is primarily for music or movies, and how loud he likes to play it. We should also not forget that a7s is a very high sound quality sub according to everyone who has ever commented on it, one owner prefering it to his pb13 for two channel music, so the question remains how much actual SQ improvement will Rythmik bring to compensate for its obviously inferior output and higher price.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADOBHuK /forum/post/15482292

That is true, but the OP needs to clarify whether his system is primarily for music or movies, and how loud he likes to play it. We should also not forget that a7s is a very high sound quality sub according to everyone who has ever commented on it, one owner prefering it to his pb13 for two channel music, so the question remains how much actual SQ improvement will Rythmik bring to compensate for its obviously inferior output and higher price.

So which of the subs in question have you heard? Where are the comparable output numbers?

In a 15 x 18 foot room, with an average ceiling height, a single Rythmik will be more than enough. I won't comment on the sound quality of the eD's...I have never heard one, but output can't compensate for sound quality....especially when the extra output is not needed.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I haven't heard the Rythmik, but do I have to have heard it to draw a conclusion? a7s-450 = 50% more enclosure volume, 50% more cone area, 7mm more one way xmax , 3x the amplifier power. I admit first hand impressions mean more than numbers, so if you have heard both in the same room and have concluded that Rythmik has as much or more output, I won't argue with that.

If the OP is building a system for music mainly or has a small room I recommend the Rythmik myself.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADOBHuK /forum/post/15487111

I haven't heard the Rythmik, but do I have to have heard it to draw a conclusion? a7s-450 = 50% more enclosure volume, 50% more cone area, 7mm more one way xmax , 3x the amplifier power. I admit first hand impressions mean more than numbers, so if you have heard both in the same room and have concluded that Rythmik has as much or more output, I won't argue with that.

If the OP is building a system for music mainly or has a small room I recommend the Rythmik myself.

I'm not saying the Rythmik has more output. I guess it depends on what you think a small room is as well. Music vs HT should make no difference...if you have the output you need, you should obviously go for sound quality....not more output.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.