AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i'm new on this forum! Just got myself a pioneer vsx-1325 a/v receiver.

I was wondering what is the best 7.1 setup. Woild it be

A- front, center, front wide and aurroubd

B- front, center, surround and aurround back

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I'd say B, as this receiver does not have an option for wide outputs, right?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danitrem
I can use the B speakers for either anothe zone, for bi-amping or front wide-height
If the AVR does not have PLIIz or DSX, how does it create height outputs?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
The manual states that receiver can do front height or front wide. Page 15:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ctions1015.pdf

Quote:
I was wondering what is the best 7.1 setup. Woild it be

A- front, center, front wide and aurroubd

B- front, center, surround and aurround back
Depends on your room layout. Do you have room behind you (5-6 feet) for rear surrounds? Is it wide enough to do front wides? If you can do "both", IMO there is no "best" layout, but you'll have devotees of all three 7.1 types (rear, height, wide.)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa /forum/post/19540207

The manual states that receiver can do front height or front wide. Page 15:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ctions1015.pdf

Depends on your room layout. Do you have room behind you (5-6 feet) for rear surrounds? Is it wide enough to do front wides? If you can do "both", IMO there is no "best" layout, but you'll have devotees of all three 7.1 types (rear, height, wide.)

Ahh, I see now that this model has PLIIz, so indeed it can make height outputs. For the wide outputs is offers: "Wide Surround Music."

I guess the answer for the OP is to listen to these modes and see which one(s) he likes best.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler /forum/post/19540726

Ahh, I see now that [the Pioneer VSX-1325] has PLIIz, so indeed it can make height outputs. For the wide outputs is offers: "Wide Surround Music."

Because Dolby "tragically omitted" (
) any 'wide speaker' mode from DPLIIz, I guess that Pioneer felt the need to develop their own 'proprietary wide speaker technology'. However, I've been surprised to see no reviews whatsoever anywhere in the AV press that compared Audyssey DSX and the Pioneer proprietary wide speaker technology [or did I simply miss something?!
]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Daniel, Recently purchased the same reciever (1325) and went with the Front Wides rather than the Rear Surrounds or Front Heights. Some of the reading I did on Audyssey seemed to imply that front Wides had the most effect (based on their studies) which is why I thought I would try that first. While I understand it's not really Audyssey but rather Pioneer's "MCCAC Wide" I have been pretty impressed so far. It's certainly added a new dimension to movies and the front sound stage is fantastic for HD concerts.

Curious where did you end up on this? What did you find worked best?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts