AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 year old RCA 50" DLP died recently and Walmart is sending me a check to replace it (Thank goodness for extended warranty!). So I have about $1800 to spend on a new HDTV, any recommendations/suggestions?

I'm thinking of getting an LCD this time or another DLP 50" or bigger, no plasma. Walmart has a 52" Philips LCD that I'm interested in and then there is a Samsung 56" DLP for the same price at BB. Which one to get?

Thanks for any advice/recommendations!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You might want to check out the LC52D64U at CC you would pocket some money. Sharp has a bannding problem but not all have it and if it does you could return it but it would be worth a shot.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, what are you going to be using it for (gaming, movies, tv, hd content, bluray?). Do you care about features like 120hz, Deep black levels, nice design? What do you put priority on, price or performance?

If you can afford it i'd say get a Samsung 52A650, i recently got one and its the best TV i've ever owned

If you want to stay around 2k, look at the a550.

I'd stay away from DLP at this size, no need for it and its nice to have a completely flat screen for mounting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower101 /forum/post/14185375

You might want to check out the LC52D64U at CC you would pocket some money. Sharp has a bannding problem but not all have it and if it does you could return it but it would be worth a shot.

Thanks I'll check it out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagusas /forum/post/14185385

Well, what are you going to be using it for (gaming, movies, tv, hd content, bluray?). Do you care about features like 120hz, Deep black levels, nice design? What do you put priority on, price or performance?

If you can afford it i'd say get a Samsung 52A650, i recently got one and its the best TV i've ever owned

If you want to stay around 2k, look at the a550.

I'd stay away from DLP at this size, no need for it and its nice to have a completely flat screen for mounting.

I'm going to use it to watch HD programming from Directv, blu ray movies and then I have the PS3 and XBOX 360. I don't really care for the 120 hz but I do like my blacks black. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts