Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I finally got the installer to hook up my Zenith HD 520 STB only to find out I got no picture with my Dwin HD700 CRT. The Dwin HD700 requires negative sync, which is rather dumb that it can't accept positive or negative sync. It is really dumb that Dwin also could not have put a second set of RGBHV BNC connectors on that projector. That being said, I'm sticking with the Dwin HD700 for at least a few more years.

I need to find out options for an RGBHV BNC switcher, 2 in one out is fine. I have a Cinematrix Sony 7700 that I am still using which is still remains an incredible value. I now need to switch between the Zenith HD 520 STB RGBHV output and the Cinematrix RGBHV ouput. While the Cinematrix outputs negative sync, the Zenith apparently outputs positive sync. What are some scalers, switchers, or device to do the job? I don't necessarily need a scaler, but I'd like to know all the options... My goal is simply to run these two devices on my Dwin HD700. Scalers are always nice (not that I need one), but a switcher only with sync inversion may be a lot cheaper?

Options? Best value? Best units?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Extron RGB 202 Rxi interface may be just the ticket. It will accept two RGB/hv inputs and allows the sync out put to be forced to negative. I use one in my system and it is a high quality/high band width device.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.