AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My amp has no power, I checked the fuse on the amp and under the hood they are both good. The wiring to the battery is good. It normally has a light that illuninates the floor area of the back seat, but nothing now. The head unit powers on, I have not touched anything in the vehicle. I have a Sony XM-4S, it is about 14 months old. It just stopped working as we were driving. Any help would be appreciated, I am not sure if the amp took a total dump, or if it could be something else.

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Kephart /forum/post/17032459

Do you have a multimeter? If so, use it to test the power, ground, and remote terminals on the amplifier. If each is metering correctly and the amp still isn't turning on then the amplifier is bad.

Thank you, I will have to pick one up on the way home tonight. Hopefully I can find a cheap one at Kragen, or Autozone.

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Kephart /forum/post/17032459

Do you have a multimeter? If so, use it to test the power, ground, and remote terminals on the amplifier. If each is metering correctly and the amp still isn't turning on then the amplifier is bad.

Will something like this work, or do I need an actual multimeter?

http://www.deerso.com/LOW_VOLTAGE_TE...0-details.aspx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.