AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,


I asked this in the speaker thread but I thought that I would get some more help over here. I have Definitive Ones as fronts, Definitive Three as a Center, Definitive Gem XLs as rears, and an Onkyo 905 as the receiver. I want to spend around 400-500 to make my room rumble... the size of the room is 19 X 15... i have attached a floor plan...its the one listed as "family room." The ceiling extends to the second floor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
cant really hear it its a ID or internet direct. AV123 has a 30 day return policy on all speakers though so if you dont like it you can pay shipping only and send it back. I would also look into Elemental designs one of the best bang for buck subs out there good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do the Elemental Designs compare to the AV123 subs? Anybody else have the MFW15s and recommend it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhat /forum/post/14155497


how do the Elemental Designs compare to the AV123 subs? Anybody else have the MFW15s and recommend it?

I havent heard the mfw's ive heard the ED and it sounds great i went with the a2-300 315shipped and supposed to be one of the best bang for buck subs made right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_zwole /forum/post/14155467


cant really hear it its a ID or internet direct. AV123 has a 30 day return policy on all speakers though so if you dont like it you can pay shipping only and send it back. I would also look into Elemental designs one of the best bang for buck subs out there good luck.

Actually I believe AV123 now pays shipping both ways if you change your mind. Check their website for more info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmaven /forum/post/14155808


Actually I believe AV123 now pays shipping both ways if you change your mind. Check their website for more info.

man thats a fantastic deal then i wouldnt pass that up if i wouldnt have already bought my ED good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts

Quote:
I want to spend around 400-500 to make my room rumble... the size of the room is 19 X 15... i have attached a floor plan...its the one listed as "family room." The ceiling extends to the second floor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The OP posts a budget and people post a sub that is 50% more then that budget, gsssh!!



The AV123 is a great sub but if you want to keep within your budget the eD subs are awesome.


The ONLY drawback of the eD subs is that they are HUGE!! SQ/SPL is really good and you are getting a great bang for your $$$$!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts

Quote:
how do the Elemental Designs compare to the AV123 subs? Anybody else have the MFW15s and recommend it?

I can garuntee that YOU will love either choice!! Go with the cheaper eD sub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay so the a2-200 is $315.00 and the a3-300 is $475 both are 12 inchers. The AV123 MFW15 is $599 and is 15 inches? The stats seem to point to the AV123 even though it is 99 bucks out of my budget. Not sure what to look for when it comes to sub stats though. Here are the links to each if someone can point out the key features for me.


A2-200
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=407


A3-300
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...2dee66a2f9696d


AV123's MFW15
http://**********/index.php?option=co...xM3KDJWoOYA8h9


Thanks everybody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts

Quote:
The AV123 MFW15 is $599 and is 15 inches?

Dont forget the shipping $$!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhat /forum/post/14156356


okay so the a2-200 is $315.00 and the a3-300 is $475 both are 12 inchers. The AV123 MFW15 is $599 and is 15 inches? The stats seem to point to the AV123 even though it is 99 bucks out of my budget. Not sure what to look for when it comes to sub stats though. Here are the links to each if someone can point out the key features for me.


A2-200
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=407


A3-300
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...2dee66a2f9696d


AV123's MFW15
http://**********/index.php?option=co...xM3KDJWoOYA8h9


Thanks everybody

Using the link below, please check the new prices at AV123 for the MFW-15 and the X-Sub; the page you linked to has not been updated with the new prices yet.

http://www.**********/component/optio...d,9?itemid,37/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,645 Posts
You have a two story 19x15 family room that's open to a dinning room, kitchen, and loft. Maybe we have different standards than what other people are posting but buy what's within your budget and don't expect that room to rumble. With that much area needing to be pressurized, you're around the dual 18" realm. If at all possible, going infinite baffle will help because you could have 8, 15's without any of them being seen...though with amp and eq, you're looking at around 1500.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
There are some B-stock MFWs going for $499...not sure if he has any left, but yes, shipping will add on about $130.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top