AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm for sure the part number of the RGB switcher board used in a late model BD808s?

Anyone have the BD808s service manual in PDF format?

I want to verify if the RGB switcher on a late model BD808s is the same one found on a Zenith 1200x. I already have the service manual for the Zenith, but don't have that exact service manual for the Barco and want to make sure I'm looking at the right board.

It doesn't help the Zenith didn't leave the Barco part numbers on the shematics. :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of other service manuals if anyone wants to do a 'trade'. :) (I'll PM you the details).

Kal

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I just tried to buy it on ePlay, someone had the exact original printed BD808s Service Manual in a Barco binder. Foolishly thinking, as it lay out there with 30 seconds to go, at $26.00, I could get an easy win, I only bid $250 max for it. Cha-Ching, another bidder t_whitlock beat me out (having had the foresight to do a max bid higher than mine) and got it for $255.

Otherwise, I would be happy to say YES you can have a scanned PDF copy of mine :confused:

I even have a spare BD808s here that I will be fine-tuning, and could really have used it! Nowhere have I found an online PDF version for the BD manual, only the BG manual.

Maybe t_whitlock will be a Good Samaritan and make a copy available to those of us on the AVForum who need a copy :)

But I would be happy to lift the lid on my BD808s and get a part number for you, if practical. It is however less than easily accessible, with three Barco 909, four 1209/2, four BG808, an XG135LC or two, and some assorted 1208/2 and EHome PJs sitting in front of it on the shelving, so it won't be tonight or tomorrow even :confused:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Kal, I have A-E scanning capability (A-B color, A-E greyscale) and lunchtimes to donate to this effort should that kind of services be required.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforum
I just tried to buy it on ePlay...
I knew my bid on that manual wasn't going to win, but it got too rich for my blood there at the end.

Kal, in a serial number matched BD808s I have, the RGB board is a 762719 which is the same board as the BG1209s and the BG808s. The BG1209s PDF manual has been posted on several web sites in the past so you may already have it. As I recall, it was on Reiner's "Beamer" site, but I can't find it right now so you might ask him.

Mark

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mark! I would have thought that it would have been the same too, but in looking at the BG1209s service manual schematics (yes, I have it) and comparing the RGB switcher board to that in the Zenith Pro 1200x service manual (that I posted on Curt's site here: http://www.curtpalme.com/Zenith1200.html ), there are small differences. Not *big* differences, but subtle ones nonetheless, so I'm scratching my head...

Kal

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
Thanks for trying skyforum!

Kal
Good news, the higher bidder t_whitlock backed out on the deal, and the seller offered a (surprise, legitimate) Second Chance, so I just bought the original printed Barco factory Data 808s service manual :)

When it gets here, I will be glad to send you any content out of it that you want!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
My offer to digitize stands. I currently have a pagefeeding A size scanner which will make the majority of the job go pretty fast, an A/B color flatbed, and a 48" roll scanner. PM me if interested (and if mailing costs are less than going to a Kinkos-typ place.)

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, if you guys get a good scanned version together I'll ask Curt if it's ok to post it on his web site for everyone to use! (He doesn't want all service manuals posted there as it may cut into his repair sales).

Kal

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
Hey, if you guys get a good scanned version together I'll ask Curt if it's ok to post it on his web site for everyone to use! (He doesn't want all service manuals posted there as it may cut into his repair sales).

Kal
Well, it will cost him at the very least PDF copies of the service manuals that I am still missing :) That's not many........

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnfoley
My offer to digitize stands. I currently have a pagefeeding A size scanner which will make the majority of the job go pretty fast, an A/B color flatbed, and a 48" roll scanner. PM me if interested (and if mailing costs are less than going to a Kinkos-typ place.)
Thanks! I have some equipment here, but if I run into a snag then I may take you up on the very kind offer :)

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforum
Well, it will cost him at the very least PDF copies of the service manuals that I am still missing :) That's not many........
We actually don't have many PDF service manuals! (Just a few - mostly ones that were readily available on the 'net already)... But I'm willing to share if Curt is! :)

Kal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.