AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I currently have a 52 inch Sony Rear Projection TV that we're looking to hand down to a family member and replace it with a 46-52" TV and I need to do it within the next 2 weeks. The requirements are simple but important:

- Looking to spend less than 2k

- Needs to be matte screen. Got a window directly behind the viewing area and the current TV has been very annoying. So far I think I'm staying away from Samsungs because of it's reflective screens unless there are models out there that are matte but I haven't seen them yet.

- Not looking to hook up surround sound for daily watching so the built-in speakers need to be decent and audible.

- It will be mostly used to watch Dish, DVDs, Xbox, Wii and maybe the occasional Blu-rays (Blu-ray watching is dedicated for the RS1
)

- Lastly, I know it's a diamond in the rough requirement but one that possibly is flawless in terms of bugs, flashlights or anything else that's weird that I've been reading in the forums.

I've been leaning heavily towards the 52W5100 but I haven't seen it up close. I've only seen the 52V5100 and I'm assuming the W will just be better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
for 46inch, get the Samsung 46A950 hands down (if you can find one) due to the recent drop in price. for 52inch, get the Samsung 52B750.

if you need justification on why I picked those, do searches on the model numbers on them and you'll find out why. many posters who shop with their eyes first will give the nod of agreement on both of these models, but then there are some contesters that make posts defending other brands who have tighter budgets probably wont agree.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclark /forum/post/16978705

for 46inch, get the Samsung 46A950 hands down (if you can find one) due to the recent drop in price. for 52inch, get the Samsung 52B750.

if you need justification on why I picked those, do searches on the model numbers on them and you'll find out why. many posters who shop with their eyes first will give the nod of agreement on both of these models, but then there are some contesters that make posts defending other brands who have tighter budgets probably wont agree.

I really wouldn't mind getting a Samsung but what about the glare? doing a quick search on google images gives me the impression that it has the usual "glass" type screen which for me would not work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi

I'm also looking for a 46 -52 lcd, I think is extremly hard for some to recommend you a set. Every set has something, either glare, or black level or color is dull. Check out bestbuy and see which picture you like. I personally am looking at the Sharp new led ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts