Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Hey guys I wanted to know how I would go about running my cable into my reciever to take advantage of the component upconversion. I dont have a cable box. The cable comes straight from the wall.

Right now I have component cables running from the back of my reciever where it says monitor to my tv.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If I read you right, it still appears that you're going to need a cable box or VCR to accept your 75ohm F-cable connection...since the 635 doesn't have this. Keep in the mind that while the AVR635 will transcode an S-vid or CVBS signal, it really doesn't do any "upconversion" in the technical sense of scaling/video-processing of that signal; I think it's limited to 480i...at best. This means that you don't even want to use this while viewing any 480p or higher HD material (unless briefly for OSD information).

However, if it's convenience (one wire for video) and the OSD that you seek, you can get this by feeding your cable into some external tuner (VCR, Cablebox, Set-top box, etc) that has at least an S-vid or composite video output to feed back into the AVR. Once this is done, you just enable auto-conversion and your component output will work. I didn't think about this, but you may be able to even loop it in and out of your TV if it allows it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.