AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine set me up with 2 possible deals at a local hifi store. (demo/used stuff).

Here are the systems: (no subs)

1. Mirage OM-5's (w/2x 250 active subs), OM-C2, and OM-R2's: $3130

2. B&W CDM 7NTs, CNT, and DM600 S3's: $2960

I have not had a chance to audition them yet, but I was wondering if you guys could share your thoughts. There has been some other interest, and I don't think they'll last long. BTW, how do the above systems compare to the Paradigm studio series? (I've heard the 60/CC/20 combo and have been very impressed.)

Thanks!!

Steve

· Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Both systems are easily equal in quality to the Paradigm system. Each has it's own 'sound' so an audition is mandatory. I'm not familiar with the pricing so I can't tell if it's a good deal or not...

· Registered
703 Posts
Either or neither might be right for you. The two setups will sound quite different. You must be the one to decide if either is right for you. Take the time to really listen for yourself. No "deal" is great if you aren't satisified for the long haul.

· Premium Member
7,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Dzurko
Either or neither might be right for you. The two setups will sound quite different. You must be the one to decide if either is right for you. Take the time to really listen for yourself. No "deal" is great if you aren't satisified for the long haul.
So true. But how many posts do we read: "Need help fast." I guess the deal is more important than long term satisfaction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.