AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have an AC unit in the HT room, too noisy. So I relocated it to the other side of the basement in another window (it's outside the HT room). From the front of the AC I run a home made duct work system out of 4in pvc and metal duct work, and piped it into the room. Also going to use a 120v thermostat to control the temperature. The thing is I still get some noise from where the air comes into the room. I'm not sure if it noise from the AC unit or the rushing of the air itself. Do you think I could use that sound block stuff that's used on regular metal duct work on this setup? Any ideas would would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
You are probably getting a little of both kinds of noise.

To kill the vibration noise, try replacing part of the duct run with insulated flexi-duct and make sure there are a couple of sweeping 90 degree bends on the way.

As for the air flow noise, use a bigger diffusor and try running the air into the side of the box behind the diffusor instead of straight out into the room. You can also line the box with some limp-damp material like you were talking about.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.