AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of not getting trueHD when I play Blu-Ray discs. I'm tired of losing audio when switching HD satellite channels. I'm wary of the problems I have read about the Reference 70 on these forums.

I love the sound that I get from my Reference 30.

I am concerned mostly about audio, since I don't envision running my video through the pre/pro unless it made a significant improvement over my Pioneer Elite Kuro pro-111FD.

So, I am wondering what pre/pro would best replicate the sound I received from my B&K Reference 30. [amp.=B&K7250, Dynaudio Contour MKII speakers]

I like what I read about the Anthem 50v, but I am afraid it's too rich for my pocketbook. I have some interest in the Emotiva UMC-1, but I'm concerned it would be a significant step down, assuming I could ever get one.

I would appreciate any advice you might have.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Why not just keep your Ref 30 if you love the sound you're getting. You're not likely to hear a significant improvement in sound quality between the lossy and lossless Blu-ray sources anyway! But, I suppose, if your money is just "burning a hole in your pocket", you could look into pre/pros from Integra, Marantz or Rotel to name a few. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRSQUARED /forum/post/18164776

Why not just keep your Ref 30 if you love the sound you're getting. You're not likely to hear a significant improvement in sound quality between the lossy and lossless Blu-ray sources anyway! But, I suppose, if your money is just "burning a hole in your pocket", you could look into pre/pros from Integra, Marantz or Rotel to name a few. Good luck!

Are you saying I won't hear the difference between the core Dolby Digital 5.1 and TrueHD?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts