AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can see an NEC LT150 live in the central PA area. York, Lancaster, Harrisburg etc? I really want to see one before purchasing one online. I am most concerned about rainbow.

Thanks

steve

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Steve, although I can't tell you where to see one in your area, I would like to alay your fears about the rainbow.

True, it does have some rainbow effect, but unless you're highly sensitive to it, I can tell you from my experience, it's not very noticeable.

I'm using a CI scaler with the 150, and only notice rainbow for a fleeting second during fires, candle lit scenes, or scenes with exposed light bulbs. It is so short in duration that, I have to look really hard to notice it once engrossed in the movie.

The rainbow I do see, in no way detracts from the overall experience of enjoyment on the projected 80"x60" wide picture, using a High Gain Da-Lite model B screen!

I've found, on this forum, there are people who are extreme vidiofiles, and to them, rainbows are annoying.

The majority of 150 owners are just blown away by this little pj's ability, and I'm sure you'll be also!

Of course, YMMV!

Cheers, VB

·
Registered
599 Posts
i second the math guy...i bought mine unseen and only from reports here. as someone once said, once you've bought you unit and have hooked it up, leave this forum because you'll only read much crud about people's pickiness and stuff that will make you possible regret what you've done. life too short for that - buy it and enjoy it.

------------------

Jaymer...

----------------

AccessDTV (antenna on digital input, Tivo on analog)

HTPC, P3 933 (still having DVD playing probs)

NEC LT150 (awesome)

Homemade Blackout cloth screen (from Joann's Fabrics, $6 per yard)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.