AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through the master tread at the top of this form (phew!) and I find that I still need some help. After measuring the frequency response of my room using the Rives Audio Test CD 2 and the supplied instructions, I get the following attached chart.

I find that I have a huge bass spike of over 14db from 20hz to about 31.5hz and a slightly smaller on at 200hz. I'll be doing 2" panels of OC703 along the front and side walls to treat the mid to high frequencies. I'm also looking at doing corner bass traps in an attempt to tame these base frequencies from 20-31.5hz. The question I have is are corner bass traps effective for such low frequencies? From what I've been able to glen so far, I don't think that there is much I can do for problems that low in the frequency range. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've already tried moving the sub around the room and I found the center front wall gives the best measurements.

This forum is great and much thanks in advance. The collective wisdom of this forum is incredible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't thought of using a BFD. I was going to use an EQ but a BFD sounds better. I still plan on doing room treatment though.

·
Registered
30,819 Posts
Room treatment should be done first and then remeasure. BFD, SMS-1 and Rives PARC are all suitable for an extreme LF correction, in increasing order of cost. Also, you might consider a subwoofer (or two) with EQ, such as the Velodyne DD series or the new JL Audio subs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Most people have never heard real explosions or sonic booms (which rattles everything in its wake), let alone dinosaur's prancing about the countryside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.