AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I need your help guys. As of now i have energy energy RC LCR for fronts and ENERGY RC 10's surrounds. I only used them watching movies. Is there any better sounding speaker's than what i have for movies? I want clarity and details for movies which energy is lacking off. I can sell them anytime. My budget for 5 speakers $2000. Any help will be appreciated. Ty in advaNce.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I would look at SVS Prime or Ultra Speakers.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
For movie, you would want high sensitive/dynamic compression horn driver. Call Tom at PSA for a quote on 5 MT110's. It might be a bit more than $2k but probably one of the better option in its price range.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
If you can't afford the PSA or Reaction Audio speakers, the Klipsch Reference II or Premium line make great speakers for movies. Some of us like them for music too. :cool:

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I don't have high sensitivity speakers or horn/compression drivers, but my theater can get stupid loud! My EMPTek have more than my 12 x 24 foot room needs!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Would you be able and consider building the speakers yourself?
Some pretty simple DIYSG speaker kits that could easily compete with stuff costing a LOT more.

If you can't, or aren't interested I certainly understand, I finally just built my 1st pair myself.

Edit: And do you have a subwoofer(s)?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Some pretty simple DIYSG speaker kits that could easily compete with stuff costing a LOT more.

If you can't, or aren't interested I certainly understand, I finally just built my 1st pair myself.

I just built my first pair as well. Clearwave Dynamics.

http://www.clearwavespeakers.com/webapps/category/98515/300200/82317

Just move your others to your surrounds. No need to upgrade them.

·
Registered
19,546 Posts
My budget for 5 speakers $2000. Any help will be appreciated. Ty in advaNce.
If you can go ID then do that - you can buy 3 ea of the Reaction CX-10 and save
for some new surrounds
http://reaction-audio.myshopify.com/products/cx-10?variant=823614953

If not - then look at the JBL Studio 580 towers
http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-58...qid=1428445587&sr=8-1&keywords=jbl+studio+580

Studio 520 center
http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-52...qid=1428445587&sr=8-3&keywords=jbl+studio+580

JBL Studio 210 for surrounds - or save up
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...0+SPEAKERS&rh=i:aps,k:jbl+STUDIO+210+SPEAKERS

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would look at SVS Prime or Ultra Speakers.
Im not really sure about svs. Not that much info where i can find reviews on svs speakers. But i will look onto it. Ty.

For movie, you would want high sensitive/dynamic compression horn driver. Call Tom at PSA for a quote on 5 MT110's. It might be a bit more than $2k but probably one of the better option in its price range.
I will try to give him a call and inquire him with in my price range. Are PSA speakers good in movies?

If you can't afford the PSA or Reaction Audio speakers, the Klipsch Reference II or Premium line make great speakers for movies. Some of us like them for music too. :cool:
Are PSA and REACTION better than klipsch? I am also considering klipsch RII speakers, the old referece model. And mybudget will fit 5 speakers. Is that true that they caused ear fatigued?
I don't have high sensitivity speakers or horn/compression drivers, but my theater can get stupid loud! My EMPTek have more than my 12 x 24 foot room needs!

Unfortunately i am not handy building diy speakers. And i know i can save lot of money. And yes I'm keeping my subwoofers.

Those sure look sweet. :eek:
This is interesting.i need to research on their speakers. Hopefully it will fit on my budget. Are they good for movies?

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Hi. I need your help guys. As of now i have energy energy RC LCR for fronts and ENERGY RC 10's surrounds. I only used them watching movies. Is there any better sounding speaker's than what i have for movies? I want clarity and details for movies which energy is lacking off. I can sell them anytime. My budget for 5 speakers $2000. Any help will be appreciated. Ty in advaNce.
Unfortunately, you haven't given us much information. I assume this is mainly for movies and not music. I will also assume you have a small Energy sub. Is a new subwoofer part of your $2,000 budget? How large is your room volume and is it open to other rooms? How loudly do you listen to movies?

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately, you haven't given us much information. I assume this is mainly for movies and not music. I will also assume you have a small Energy sub. Is a new subwoofer part of your $2,000 budget? How large is your room volume and is it open to other rooms? How loudly do you listen to movies?
Hello.yes only for movies. Nothing for music. I already have dual subwoofer rythmik lv12r that i want to keep it and sell my energy speakers. Im not really sure about my room dimensions. But its not that big. I dont really listen to a loud volume in movies usually in my energy -20 mv is the most i can listen.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I will try to give him a call and inquire him with in my price range. Are PSA speakers good in movies?

Are PSA and REACTION better than klipsch? I am also considering klipsch RII speakers, the old referece model. And mybudget will fit 5 speakers. Is that true that they caused ear fatigued?

This is interesting.i need to research on their speakers. Hopefully it will fit on my budget. Are they good for movies?
By all accounts the PSA and Reaction Audio speakers are great for movies AND music. Hard to beat at their price.

I've not heard PSA or Reacton Audio speakers, but given the quality of the components and the engineering I'm sure they have better sound quality and dynamics as they use true compression drivers for the tweeters and large, efficient woofers.

But if your budget is tight and you can still get the Reference II speakers (they're on closeout for great prices) I think they are a good, less expensive option.

Klipsch doesn't cause me any ear fatigue. I don't blast heavy metal music either. I do listen to movies fairly loud and have not had any issues with ear fatigue.

But if you want to do it right the first time, go with the best speakers you can afford. You'll end up saving money in the long run when you eventually want something better than what you "settled" for.

Both PSA and Reaction Audio have great customer service and generous in home trial periods.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have these and they are incredible. I'm coming from Ascend Sierra 1-s bookshelves. They sound like absolute garbage compared to the Clearwaves. I expected them to sound good, but I am blown away and still am everyday that I use them.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts