AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought a Buttkicker wireless kit a couple of years back, but when I redesigned my media room, I left it out so I haven't used it for a while. I recently moved and am doing a theater room with six seats. I am wondering if I can wire 6 (50 [email protected] 4 ohm rating max) aura shakers in series using the Buttkicker amp (300 [email protected] 4 ohm) and get away with it?

·
Banned
680 Posts
I had bought a Buttkicker wireless kit a couple of years back, but when I redesigned my media room, I left it out so I haven't used it for a while. I recently moved and am doing a theater room with six seats. I am wondering if I can wire 6 (50 [email protected] 4 ohm rating max) aura shakers in series using the Buttkicker amp (300 [email protected] 4 ohm) and get away with it?
Here's the best way to do it.

Wire two separate groups of 3 in series (12-Ohms) then parallel the two branches and you will net a nominal load of 6-ohms.:)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the best way to do it.

Wire two separate groups of 3 in series (12-Ohms) then parallel the two branches and you will net a nominal load of 6-ohms.:)

Perfect. Thanks. I am kindof new to this and wanted to make sure of the math.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts