AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and could use some help. I've read this forum several times but some of this stuff is too technical for me. Need advice.

2 weeks ago I bought the Insignia NS-LCD42HD from best buy. I've never had a HDTV before and read a lot of reviews on this one. Most people seem to love it and it looked pretty good at BB but in my house through COX cable I am less than impressed.

The colors seem off and no setting will fix it. The picture is....splotchy. Even on HD channels and through upconverting DVD. I'm planning on returning this TV soon and am not sure what to get. Everybody says 1080p but I've seen some lower resolution tvs that seem much better. Can somebody recommend a good tv in the 1000-1300 price range? I really like the 42 inch size and think the plasmas look better than the lcds

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I have to say I picked up the Insignia NS-LCD42HD yesterday, that was after much reading and viewing of TV's from store to store. I am super impressed with this set right out of the box and I'm wondering if the problem is a weak signal coming into your home or a faulty set. The HD pictures either in 720 or 1080 are incredible. Even in 480 the picture looks great but you can't compare 480 to 720 or 1080. If you happen to buy another brand tv and have the same problems I'd return it and buy the Insignia again and get your signal strength tested. I just think for the price and even hundreds more there is nothing that can touch this.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
1080p

Polaroid 46

Samsung 4061

Sharp 42 64U

Vizio GV42LF

Philips 42 7422D

768p

Samsung 4053

Sony 40 S3000