4,387 Posts
Got the Samsung 55"KS9000.
I got the lg oled 55" b6 last night.
I got today the Samsung UN65KS8000.
Tried the Sony 930d 65".
I exchanged it for the Vizio P65-C1.
Anyone? Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow you've been a busy guy auditioning all these sets, if any of them don't wow you, why not just keep your Panasonic plasma?

Reactions: yanks1

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow you've been a busy guy auditioning all these sets, if any of them don't wow you, why not just keep your Panasonic plasma?
Haha. True isn't it. I'm keeping my Plasma.

I've noticed part of the tvs wow me and that's the color on the better tvs. I guess I wanted to be wowed with 1080p and below on directv. Because I thought 4K and hdr would automatically be better then my Plasma.

But what has bothered be in all of this is motion blur and any issues relating to or happening with motion. Noise on people's faces or when they move or lines outside their bodies or faces which I think is the motion blur. I couldn't seem to get settings right to improve this enough or at all.

So far the Vizio P65-C1 is much improved regarding motion. Except sometimes there still is stuff going on. And the image seems slightly hazy or softer then some tvs.

I never knew how to get 4K till the Sony 930d. At least I didn't know what res it was on tv when trying you tube. With the Xbox one s you tube only does 1080p. I've got it set right I think. And it's connected to tv. Output is 4K. But you tube only shows 1080 p or less for 4K video. But you tube directly from the Sony was 4K and actually did wow me in one nature video. The trees had a small 3D look to it. That rocked. I was sitting 4 feet from the 930d 65". But no matter what I tried it handled motion bad for me.

The Vizio seems bit better but still need to figure things out. Ugh.

If the LG OLED B6 65" was $2799 at Best Buy I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Haha. True isn't it. I'm keeping my Plasma.

I've noticed part of the tvs wow me and that's the color on the better tvs. I guess I wanted to be wowed with 1080p and below on directv. Because I thought 4K and hdr would automatically be better then my Plasma.

But what has bothered be in all of this is motion blur and any issues relating to or happening with motion. Noise on people's faces or when they move or lines outside their bodies or faces which I think is the motion blur. I couldn't seem to get settings right to improve this enough or at all.

So far the Vizio P65-C1 is much improved regarding motion. Except sometimes there still is stuff going on. And the image seems slightly hazy or softer then some tvs.

I never knew how to get 4K till the Sony 930d. At least I didn't know what res it was on tv when trying you tube. With the Xbox one s you tube only does 1080p. I've got it set right I think. And it's connected to tv. Output is 4K. But you tube only shows 1080 p or less for 4K video. But you tube directly from the Sony was 4K and actually did wow me in one nature video. The trees had a small 3D look to it. That rocked. I was sitting 4 feet from the 930d 65". But no matter what I tried it handled motion bad for me.

The Vizio seems bit better but still need to figure things out. Ugh.

If the LG OLED B6 65" was $2799 at Best Buy I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.
Uh...wow, the search for perfection is real!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Now I may exchange my Vizio p65 c1 for the lg OLED b6 65".
If I do I really need help to dial in settings for best motion handling and great colors. But I have no idea how.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thank you all for your input.

I have major OCD and Tourette Syndrome and ADHD and Anxiety and Aspergers Syndrome which is a form of Autism I guess. I'm blessed that one wouldn't know this about me unless they knew me really well. For years. All this comes up in certain circumstances so not really visible mostly. Just wanted to share.

My home theater is

Marantz SR7009
Paradigm Studio 60 v5
Paradigm Studio CC590 v5
Paradigm Studio Monitor 3 surround
SVS PC12+ 525 watt model

I've noticed in my journey what bothers me about tvs. This is motion blur. Screen looking hazy. Noise in people's faces but I don't know exactly what this is.. When people move I notice something going on in their faces. I don't know what this is. It's related to motion. Don't know if its motion blur, noise or what. My Plasma and LG LED tv do very well. But they're not new 4K HDR and are weaker in colors compared to come current tvs. Plus they're only 55".

The first LG OLED B6 55" I tried had noise in people's faces with motion issues. The second B6 55" was better. But I exchanged it to go 65" from another brand cud of the $4k cost of the LG B6 65". The B6 55" I think overall might have been my favorite of all I've tried. Now the B6 65" lowered cost. I think if I exchanged my current Vizio P65-C1 I could get the LG B6 65".

I'm nervous and concerned about motion issues though. And I really need help with tv settings. I would really appreciate help if I get the LG B6 65". If motion was bad or it had noise or whatever then I'd just return it and wait till next year.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
buggs-

You may have mentioned this, but are you testing with DirecTv content or something with better quality like a dvd? DirecTv compresses their content and more so with motion (fast moving things have a higher datarate so require more compression). I have FIOS and saw a quality improvement with their content since they have more bandwidth. Also, some channels are compressed more than others. Pick a good quality show, record it if you have tivo or the like, and use it as your reference.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Is something wrong with your plasma? The Panny you have is among the very best made for PQ, aside from other, higher end Panasonic plasmas; it's an extremely tough benchmark for an LCD set to match. Replacing a 2012+ G/V/Z-T Panasonic plasma today is still a game of lateral moves at best.

LCD TVs simply do not handle motion the same way plasmas did. The new ones have a lot of tech/tricks in them to compensate, and whether they work or not seems to vary from person to person. UHD and HDR may represent 'value added', in terms of features that simply did not exist a few years ago (along with Smart streaming capabilities), but they don't do a thing to address fundamental weaknesses of the tech.

I read about the modern LCD sets with a lot of excitement too, even started gearing up to buy a Vizio P to replace my (even older than yours) plasma, and when I demo them, particularly on sports, all the hype just falls apart. Yeah, they have wonderful contrast and accurate colors and are bright, right out of the box. But as soon as something starts moving quickly, they're the same old ghosting, blurry LCDs as always.

You either learn to live with it, and accept their good points (which are many), or you don't.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Since my main use is Directv that's what I watch. I think like if you go to a store the demo on tvs does no good if you won't be using similar material. It's pointless when you watch directv. To me I mean. Anything 4K will be better in some ways. So that's what bothers me about store displays.

I know DVD and blu ray and streaming is better then directv but I don't do that. I do Netflix though.

Directv looks good on some shows and some not of course. I understand this.

I got the LG OLED B6 65" last night. It's better then my plasma except motion. Nothing can beat plasma for that. I have only watched up to the 8th inning of the Giants and Mets game. I already know who wins but like to watch. The B6 is nice. Motion is hmm. No noise though. It's not as good as plasma of course but I guess close. I need to configure settings. I'm just using standard for now. Just seeing how it is.

I want 65" and far as I can tell this is the best 65" out right now. But I hate the $3499 #%# lol. Sigh.

The shows I watch are:

Hogans Heroes on Me TV. For sure awesome show. Seen it in order 3 times now lol. Picture is not HD being it's in the 60's. But can look nice with the right tv and settings.
NCIS and NCIS New Orleans
Flash and a few others.
Normal starz and encore movies in HD and not.
Netflix not 4K yet.
Last man standing, arrow, some others on Netflix too.
It seems I'm sensitive to anything not perfect. This is related to my mental health issues and just being able to notice things some don't. I know nothing is perfect.

I plan to watch Cars on blu ray on Xbox one s. Or PS4. Maybe next couple days. Cars 2 it might be. Forget. Then I have batman the dark night on blu ray with heath ledger. Those are my only blu ray.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can only imagine how your health issues you mentioned would make it hard not to obsess over the details. Do what I mentioned before, get a calibration dvd (I use Disney WOW) and invest some time learning how to fine tune the settings. I really think understanding the settings will help you fill more in control of how your lg looks.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I can only imagine how your health issues you mentioned would make it hard not to obsess over the details. Do what I mentioned before, get a calibration dvd (I use Disney WOW) and invest some time learning how to fine tune the settings. I really think understanding the settings will help you fill more in control of how your lg looks.
Thanks.
I'm most wanting to clear up motion issues. Everything else seems ok.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tried the Sony 930d 65". Had bad motion issues and noise or something related to motion in people faces. Couldn't get rid of it. Colors saturation was strong and good. There were lines it seemed all over and something in the top left of the screen I noticed during setup sometimes and very faint. In the middle there were two lines top to bottom about a foot wide apart. So I exchanged it for the Vizio P65-C1.

Much better in regards to motion blur. There's still something in people faces when they move but not lines like on the edge of their bodies and faces. Annoying though. Color a bit more soft in the tv. I've tried a few pictures modes.
I just bought the 930d 55" and love it so far. With the dedicate x1 chip I'm surprised you didn't like the motion on it. Did you try to fine tune any of the settings? I thought about the P55 too, but considering the 1080 upscaling is iffy with it, based on reviews, and the 930d is much better, I'm glad I spend the extra $$$.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I just bought the 930d 55" and love it so far. With the dedicate x1 chip I'm surprised you didn't like the motion on it. Did you try to fine tune any of the settings? I thought about the P55 too, but considering the 1080 upscaling is iffy with it, based on reviews, and the 930d is much better, I'm glad I spend the extra $$$.
I changed all motion related settings to each one.
The Vizio P series is fine for DirecTV. I think. Except my P65-C1 picture was hazy. Washed out kinda.

I really want to try again but no idea how to get motion like my plasma or lg led. I know Plasma has the best motion though.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts