AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd situation I haven't been able to solve.

I have some workout dvd's that have a sound track option that removes the background music. I'd like to play the dvd's or a ripped version of them while I also play my own music. Shutting off the dvd background music solves this. But riding the bike and running a fan while watching the dvd's is kind of loud, so I definitely need the stereo amp and cant rely on the tv speakers alone.

My setup is a DLNA compatible Samsung LN46C600 connected to a network (also usb compatible), an Onkyo TX8050 with some wall mounted speakers, a PS3, and a 6 disk Onkyo dvd player. Any ideas how I can have a mp3 play list or cd going and the dvds with their audio also playing at the same time?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

#1 wont work because even though I am turning off the background dvd music, the workout instructions are still on the DVD so I would have no audio from the dvd. The onkyo receiver actually does have a analog overdubbing function, but its one audio source or the other, not both at the same time.

#2 would work, but the tv speakers are pretty poor and I have had problems with getting the tv loud enough to overcome the bike and the fan. The dvd w/the amp is plenty loud enough, but the tv speakers aren't.

I keep thinking some kind of media pc would be my only option?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts