AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the help of this forum I have done a great job at bringing my parents into this century. My problem now is that they have three remotes now and don't like it. I'm looking for suggestions on a simple to use remote that will control the following equipment

Samsung 46C630 HDTV

Tivo Premiere

Pioneer VSX-811s

The Samsung has Anynet+ but the reciever doesn't have a HDMI hook up - it was an old(8 yrs) reciever I had. To my understanding the Tivo will control the TV but not the reciever.

They have an Ipad but they are not very computer literate and one fo them might be using it in another room.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
try the following on the tivo remote, First reset the remote to start fresh:

1. press and hold TIVO & TV POWER until light remains on

2. press thumbs down three times

3. press enter key on the bottom row of the remote

Now program tivo remote like so:

1. press and hold TIVO & TV POWER, enter tv code 0305

2. press and hold TIVO & MUTE key, enter audio code 1051

3. press and hold TIVO & TV POWER, enter audio 1051 again

the tv power key should turn on and off the tv & av receiver, the volume keys should control the av receiver

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
pick a harmony within your budget...

i bought one for my dad (same age) last year, and it's the best gift i ever got him...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same issue with my mother (80 yrs old). She is now facing 4 different Sony remotes (receiver, TV, blu-ray, VCR), and I want to find a solution that does not involve getting a humongous remote with 100 buttons on it. Vision is a problem, so I want a solution that will allow presentation of only the buttons she absolutely needs, and large enough so that old eyes can see what to push.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts