AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LED 55" is about $800 more than the B650, so I'm wondering is it worth the price to get the LED?

I have a 4665F right now, and that looks ok, but I really want a LCD that is 55". Should I just get the B650?

Is the picture on the LED that much better?

·
Registered
725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteriouskk /forum/post/17011717

But is it worth $1000 more?

What about the LN55B650 vs UN55B6000?

It's not. The LED models have super weak speakers so if you are going to watch TV straight out of the built-in speakers you are going to hate it. Plus people are saying that the 8000 series are not all the cracked up to be and the new 8500 or 9000 series that are coming out soon will be better.

·
Registered
876 Posts
double can you give me some reasons why? i am wondering the same thing. the extra $1000 is significant.

I read a lot of complaints about the led model in that thread as well.

my uses are mostly gaming ps3/xbox360 and ht.

·
Banned
407 Posts
People should stop recommending those under-performing LED edge-lit sets that Samsung offers. For the price you pay, you can get better sets. Why pay for the thinness factor? I could care less how thin it is - I want good PICTURE QUALITY. If I had money, I'd buy the XBR8 and care less for the thickness. Just what advantage does those LED edge-lit offer other than guaranteeing reduced economic footprints and energy saving features? Yes you do save money from that, but there's a cache... "YOU MUST PAY MORE FOR IT!" and in the time frame of saving money from the energy saving features... LCD's are also energy efficient and the latter years thereon wouldn't add up to the price you paid for the LED for maybe 10-20 or so years!

Over those two, the B650 will produce better picture, more truer color, uniformed blacks, shadow details, and etc. I've seen those LED sets and the picture is far too saturated and unreal. Much more of the "cartoonish" colors already seen on many Samsung sets. Why should you pay more for overall lesser picture performance?

B650 will perform closely to the B750, in fact, it's somewhat difficult to justify to pay more for the B750 since both have similar advantages and disadvantages. And a lot of people will recommend the B750 and should definitely recommend the B650 over the under-performing LED edge-lit 6/7/8000 sets.

Clear winner here: B650 - don't pay for the looks... it's what inside counts, right?

PS: There will be no Samsung 9000. Apparently the 'local dimming' will be called the 8500 series as it has been 'officially' announced.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosepass2 /forum/post/17024358

PS: There will be no Samsung 9000. Apparently the 'local dimming' will be called the 8500 series as it has been 'officially' announced.

where is this "official" announcement? i was under the impression it was "speculation" and conjecture at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorLabs /forum/post/17015310

It's not. The LED models have super weak speakers so if you are going to watch TV straight out of the built-in speakers you are going to hate it. Plus people are saying that the 8000 series are not all the cracked up to be and the new 8500 or 9000 series that are coming out soon will be better.

Yes True but they will be around $5000. You can get the 8000 including tax, Delivery and Professional calibration from BestBuy for $3000 and it will drop even more soon. If ya wait till close to the superbowl im thinking ya can prob get the 8000 for $2300.

Theres always going to be better out there, but its also the premium price that comes with it. Right Now the 8000 is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosepass2 /forum/post/17024358

People should stop recommending those under-performing LED edge-lit sets that Samsung offers. For the price you pay, you can get better sets. Why pay for the thinness factor? I could care less how thin it is - I want good PICTURE QUALITY. If I had money, I'd buy the XBR8 and care less for the thickness. Just what advantage does those LED edge-lit offer other than guaranteeing reduced economic footprints and energy saving features? Yes you do save money from that, but there's a cache... "YOU MUST PAY MORE FOR IT!" and in the time frame of saving money from the energy saving features... LCD's are also energy efficient and the latter years thereon wouldn't add up to the price you paid for the LED for maybe 10-20 or so years!

Over those two, the B650 will produce better picture, more truer color, uniformed blacks, shadow details, and etc. I've seen those LED sets and the picture is far too saturated and unreal. Much more of the "cartoonish" colors already seen on many Samsung sets. Why should you pay more for overall lesser picture performance?

B650 will perform closely to the B750, in fact, it's somewhat difficult to justify to pay more for the B750 since both have similar advantages and disadvantages. And a lot of people will recommend the B750 and should definitely recommend the B650 over the under-performing LED edge-lit 6/7/8000 sets.

Clear winner here: B650 - don't pay for the looks... it's what inside counts, right?

LMAO Ill put my "LED" LCD up against any plain LCD any day. are you even serious??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts