AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 month old 56FH97 developed a bad light engine(yellow splotch) and instead of fixing it the warranty company is replacing the TV..(I actually get to keep the old one) I can either get a $1600 check or $1600 worth of TV at Oneca**.Com. If I go the Oneca** route, I can get another 5 yr extended warranty for just over $200...

I am trying to decided the best route to go... This is for my Living Room and the seating area is 11'-12' from the display....Is 56" enough?? or should I pony up some and go bigger??

The Oneca** suggested replacement is the MIT WD57734

I have went and looked at the following at the local shops:

MIT-WD57734

MIT-WD65734

Samsung HL-T5687S

Samsung HL-T6187S

SXRD KDS-60A3000

SXRD KDS-55A3000

Any insight??? thx

bama

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm looking to replace my CRT based 1080i HDTV also and have spent 6+ hours actually tweaking, watching, testing these...

Mits WD-65734

Samsung HL-T6187S

Sony KDS-60A3000

... they each have positives and negatives.

If I was getting a "free" TV...

I'd get the Samsung HL-T6187S since it has no color wheel to make noise and make rainbows, runs cooler (no fan noise), and is a more expensive set... so it 'might' hold resale value better (I always think upgrade!)

Since I'm paying for mine...

I might end up getting the Costco Mits WD-C657. Almost as many features as the WD-65734. The PQ is good but not as "clean" as the Sammy, colors look nice but not sure if I will see rainbows once I get it home. 4" larger than the Sammy for the same price. Costco's price is cheap since they basically give you a stand for free and a 2 yr warranty.

Ultimately...

I think the Sammy is a better all-around TV. You can tweak the heck out of it using the forums help.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the info....

I have compiled a list of what is available either from oneca** or locally..

all comments welcome....

WDC657 - (Cost** Local) (I believe this is like the Mit 65733)

HL-T6187S - (Oneca**)

WD-65734 - (HHGre**)

PT61CZ7B - (Cost** Local)

KDS60A3000 - (HHGre**)

I think I am leaning towards the 65734 or the WDC657...(unfortunately the sale ends tonight on the 65734) comments?? thx

bama

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamafamily /forum/post/13010095

I think I am leaning towards the 65734 or the WDC657...(unfortunately the sale ends tonight on the 65734) comments?? thx

bama

LOL...I just got back from HHG*** where I purchased the KDS60A3000 for just under 2 Bills delivered.. (no stand or extended warranty....yet) I ended up walking around to all the models I had previous interest in and played different sources side by side..(SD Cable, HD Cable, OTA and Blu Ray HD) HHG*** was setup for the first 3 sources through out the entire store..I made them give me a Sharp Blu-Ray player, an HDMI cable and the Pirate of the Caribbean 3 Blu Ray disc to connect up to each of the TVs I wanted to test....

The Sony won out...I know they are not making these anymore and any warranty claims will have to be worked, but I just could not pass all the positive ratings they received...

It is funny though....Out of all the formats..I went from a 56" JVC LCOS HDILA display to a 60" Sony LCOS SXRD display.... Guess I am just an LCOS type of guy...

thx for everyones input and after delivery on Monday, I will report my findings...

bama

1 - 5 of 5 Posts