AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Epik Conquest. The amp was destroyed last week with a power surge. Cause you guys are experts in the diy area. Hopefully somebody can help me with an amp replacement for the Conquest. That is equivalent power wise or more powerful and easy to install. What ideas do you guys have?

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
The simplest fix would be to ship the amp in for repair.
Phone them an get an proximate idea of a repair cost.

If it is expensive, then the next best option would be to leave the dead amp attached and drill a hole through the back or side of the subwoofer box and run a new wire to the cone and power it with an external amp.
An nu3000DSP should be enough.

If you don't like that idea, then the only good option would likely involve a lot of ugly woodworking.
Or you could just say: [email protected]$ it! and buy (or build) a brand new sub.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The simplest fix would be to ship the amp in for repair.
Phone them an get an proximate idea of a repair cost.

If it is expensive, then the next best option would be to leave the dead amp attached and drill a hole through the back or side of the subwoofer box and run a new wire to the cone and power it with an external amp.
An nu3000DSP should be enough.

If you don't like that idea, then the only good option would likely involve a lot of ugly woodworking.
Or you could just say: [email protected]$ it! and buy (or build) a brand new sub.
Why kind of wiring to the cone? What does it look like?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts