AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need your advice on trying to decide between the Denon 891 and the 791. Here are the devices that'll be hooked up to the receiver...

-PS3,360,Apple tv, DVR, and possibly a PS2, Original xbox, and a nintendo wii.

Things I like in the 791

-300$ cheaper than the 891

-Same sound quality as the 891

Things I dislike in the 791

-not enough Inputs for my older systems and less HDMI connectivity for future use

1.So my questions are...Is it worth the 300 bucks for the extra connectivity in the 891?

2. Is the Anchor bay chip in the 891 a good upgrade if I decide to go with it and have my older systems hooked up at all times??? or will the 791 and it's upscaling chip be fine If I have to physically switch my older systems from time to time?

I would like to stay around the 500$ range but if it's worth the 300 bucks with the 891 and it's connections then then I guess I would be willing to go that route. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for the replies...Never even thought about looking at last year's top mid-range receiver so this is looking like a good choice for me with all of the extra inputs and price. I'm not interested in the 3D features at all so that's also a plus with the 2310ci. So do the 791/891 differ at all in audio quality and/or power compared to this receiver? Are there sound features or codecs missing from the 2310ci that I should be aware of vs the 791/891?

·
Premium Member
93,304 Posts
Great! Be sure to join us in the Denon 2310 Owner's thread if you have any setup questions or other 2310 related questions. Also, you can click on the 2nd link in my sig to learn how to check what firmware version is installed as well as to learn what issues the firmware updates fix should you be experiencing any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts