AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SVS or SV sound sub from 2002. Its a lovely sub but of the older vintage when they made passive only.

Its a 12" cylinder, downward firing, ported unit in black about 40" tall and 16" in diameter.

model 16-46CS-PLUS. I have some very expensive mono amps that I drive it with and an extra matching amp for second sub that I always planned to buy.

now I am trying to buy a second one from SVS and they of course do not make it any longer. They also cant help me my furnishing me a special unit without the integrated amp. I don't need the amp and they said there is really no way to bypass it. I really want to stay with the same look and same set up and love to find another one but cant find one used SO.

I need to find a cylinder type sub, of comparable size and shape and sound that I can drive with the amp I already have.

Can you guys think of ANY tricky ideas on how I might accomplish this???

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, ok I'll give it a try. mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon_68 /forum/post/17036851

Maybe try Funky Waves audio. I think they do custom work and may have an unpowered model that would fit the bill nicely. Other than a DIY sonosub isn't too very hard, if you're handy you could more than likely pull it off, especially since you've already got the external amp setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.