AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an HDMI switch asap to finish my audio setup on my HT, I found this one on ebay and basicaly want to know if it works OK! Anybody using something similar right now?

They say it switch inputs on it's own when the source is turned on, but if I turn on a second source at the same time, does it go to the second one?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Buy your HDMI switch from monoprice.com !!!

Everyone on AVS has been very happy with the price/performance and customer support provided by monoprice.com

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everyting is backordered at monoprice and the cheapest switch is 30$ + shipping, + import fees and tax 13% (Quebec) !!!

The one on the pics is 16$ shipped! And seems to work fine from the feedback on ebay... and it's automaticly when you power up the source device.... Still would love to get some feedback from here...

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Your link doesn' show. I don't believe you are allowed to link to ebay on this board.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys don't see the image in my first thread?

here it is

·
Registered
11,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockeed /forum/post/15547640

you guys don't see the image in my first thread?

here it is

I don't how much that thing is going for, but it kinda looks like crap. Sorry.

CD

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Buy the $16 item from ebay as a throw-away experiment. If it works, it works.

If it doesn't, monoprice will probably have stock again of the known, reliable units.

For $16 what do you have to lose?!

FWIW, here is the manufacturer's web-page for your Portta switcher .

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I'm gona do and I'll post back the results as soon as I try the product.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have tried 4 different HDMI switches, and the only two that worked were from Monoprice. The only reason I used two different Monoprice switchers is because I upgraded from a 3x1 to a 5x1. The one in the picture looks like a regret waiting to happen. I highly recommend spending what it takes to get one of the Monoprice switchers (which are still a fraction of the price of a Gefen or other high-end switcher).

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthx /forum/post/15549035

I have tried 4 different HDMI switches, and the only two that worked were from Monoprice. The only reason I used two different Monoprice switchers is because I upgraded from a 3x1 to a 5x1. The one in the picture looks like a regret waiting to happen. I highly recommend spending what it takes to get one of the Monoprice switchers (which are still a fraction of the price of a Gefen or other high-end switcher).

Jeff you got a PM... check it out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts