AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am needing help and recommendations on what 5.0 speakers to purchase for my home theater. I'm leaning towards the Mirage Nanosat Prestige system w/ (4) sats and (1) center channel. It's $498 at Vann's.

Room size: 19'L x 17'W

receiver: pioneer vsx-1021k

sub: Hsu vtf-2 mk3

tv: 73" mitsub dlp

budget: $500ish

Listening habits: 50% sports, 30% movies, 10% tv, 10% music.

*wanting smaller footprints, and do not want any towers.*

Would the mirage's be a good choice or is there other speakers out there that would give me better performance? Any advice or input would be greatly appreicated.

**NOTE** My theater room is above the garage so i have 4' side walls then slanted walls going up to the ceiling. I'm not sure if this would help or hurt my audio performance.

thanks

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
nanosat speakers are very small (2.75" mid-speaker) satellites that may struggle with the size and shape of your room. I don't think it will be very omni-polar friendly.

I would suggest you consider Infinity Primus speakers or Polk Series II Monitor speakers for you 5.0 speakers - conventional monopole speakers may work better, and fill the room easier than tiny satellites.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Vanns also has the Jamo S606HCS3 5.0 system on sale ($400 in cherry or $450 in black).

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
this room is a "bonus" room above a garage is it not ? And WAF is the controlling factor ? If you are even considering bookshelf speakers on stands, or hanging off a wall, then why not towers for a "theater room" ? As always, I'm now confused

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.